Chapter 4: "My baby..."

The couple and their child returned home, together. Liam parted ways after getting ready, really quickly just so he could get to work on time.
Valentina was home alone, with just Emma. She left Emma on her rocking chair, while she cleaned the house.

Their house, was a big size apartment home. With three bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen and a bathroom (in their room).

The whole area was opened spaced, the balcony was next to the dining table, opposite the kitchen. Emma had her own bedroom, with her cot and baby essentials. Her diaper changing room was all there.

After Valentina had finished her housework and put Emma to sleep, the thought of what happened last night didn't exit her mind. Was it a dream?... but that can't be possible, Liam was awake through it all... so then, how?...

She dashed into the 'canvas' room and picked up a clean, white canvas, prepared her paints and started painting.

There was many paintings in this room, all made from different types of paints, from acrylic to oil. They were made of different themes, like the beautiful scenery of the day and the emotional, sentiments of the night.

Night two

Night two

Valentina lost track of time while painting that she couldn't hear Emma crying.

The sun was setting and Emma was awake for a while now. Valentina went to pick her up, fed her some baby food and placed her infront of the TV to watch. Then, quickly she prepared dinner before Liam would come back from work.

The door opened, Liam entered. "I'm back!..." He looked at Emma and smiled at her in joy. "What are you doing Emma?!" The excitement from his voice expressed into Emma, which caused her to wiggle her legs as she squealed.

Valentina just quickly finished prepping the food. She stuck her head out of the door frame and said, "Dinner is almost ready! Take a shower in the meantime!"

Liam, who was hugging Emma while Val was speaking, placed her down and headed toward the bathroom.

Maybe I should talk to him about it... He should know what this whole thing is about...

Valentina placed 2 plates on the table, this time it was egg fried rice. "Here... eat."

Emma laid quietly on the floor, rolling around, and not trying to get too much attention from her parents.

Liam sat down at his side of the table, and they began eating.

After a moment, Valentina tried to ask him something but couldn't get herself to.

"Um...Liam..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember anything...about last night?..." Liam looked up, his eyes looked sore and fatigue.

"Of course..."

"Uh... Is everything alright? You seem tired..."

"I'm fine... everything is just perfect! Just how it was before!" Liam smiled, but he didn't seem happy... He was slowly suffering...

"It's perfect! Like nothing ever happened! Everything is perfect! Perfect! PERFECT!!" Liam breathed in short amounts of air. He was losing control and started to panic.

"Liam!" Valentina quickly got up from her seat and went straight to him. She held him, raised his head up and tired to calm him down. By this point, Emma began to scream.

"Hey... It's ok...I'm sorry for asking..." Liam finally calmed down, but there were tears that slowly fell down his cheek. "Come on... You're tired, get some sleep..."

"Ok..."

Valentina helped him up, but he decided to walk alone. Then, Valentina proceeded to the next crying person. She picked baby Emma up, warmed her milk and fed her. Emma is the type of baby that would fall asleep instantly after being fed. She put Emma in her cot as she dozed off to sleep.

Valentina went to her bedroom, Liam was already there. She looked at him in regret. I shouldn't have mentioned that...

She got in bed, and opened her laptop, then started typing. After a while, the tapping noise from the laptop annoyed Liam that he shot up and said, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm writing..." Valentina said calmly.

"Well, quit it! I'm trying to sleep!"

"I'm not stopping you..."

"Argh!" Liam threw his face on the pillow and quietly moaned. "You never listen..."

"Hey, I heard you right now! I'm not deaf, you know?"

"I hate you..."

"I hate you too...oh! Remember when we said that to each other on our wedding night! Wow! That sure brings back memories...!" She exclaimed sarcastically.

"Argh... Why don't you give me the attention I want?..."

"Oh, you want attention...! Nah...! I can't be bothered!" Liam became quiet, he was angry and he didn't want to talk to anyone. However, he slowly moved closer to Valentina, and he rested his head on her lap.

"What are you doing?..." Valentina asks.

"What are you writing?..." Liam asks with a cute and innocent face.

"It's a story..."

"Are you gonna publish it?..."

"Maybe, who knows?" Valentina shrugged.

"You should, you know?... You're so creative... you could bring the dullest moments and recreate them to shine!" Valentina looked at him, it was strange for Liam to say such encouraging words.

She put the laptop away and hugged him. Liam's face went all red, as he was thinking of something else. He wrapped his arms around her as they were laying down on the bed, interwined together. Liam breathed on her neck and whispered into her ear, "I want you......."

"What?..." Valentina said shocked as she moved away.

But, Liam already made his move. He was now on top of her, ready to take control. However, suddenly Emma began screaming from her room. Valentina got up and went toward the room.

"We didn't even start yet..."

"And I don't think we will..." Valentina said before opening the door-

"What?!" Valentina struggled to open the door. "It's Locked!"

"Move!" She did as instructed and Liam tried to kick the door open, it failed the first time then the second, and finally the door swung open.

Valentina ran in. A man, wearing all black, carried the crying baby as he sat on the window. Before Valentina could reach him, he jumped down. Valentina was left there with just her arm extending out of the window.

"NOOOO!!" She screamed. "Give me back my daughter!! You mother f*cker!!!"

She snapped, Liam held her and moved her away from the window. But she only lost more control.

"No! No! Give her back!! Let go of me!!"

"Calm the f*CK down!!"

"EMMA!!...." She finally fell on her knees, weeping...

"...My baby..."