Chapter 16: Checkmate

"Do you know why... This has happened to you...?"

The devil said, as he sat on a luxurious comfortable chair. He was surrounded by riches and women. He held a glass of red wine in his hand.

"Well... Because... You've sinned a great amount... But you've always asked me... Why I caused you so much pain? Why I cursed you and your family to repeat death...? Yes... You want answers... I was the cause of every thing, you went through..."

The devil... sat alone, no one was around. But he will continue to tell you the story... of what truely happened...

Every night... I visited you by your balcony, where you would lift your head up and pray to god... how much you wanted to paint...
I wanted you to get your wish... However, I thought that if you did... then I would never see you on the balcony every night...

So I asked god, if he could never grant your wish... And thus... you still kept coming to the balcony, wishing for what you truely desire... Seeing you, made me want you to never die...

When I asked god, when was the time for your death... He told me... It was meant to be on the night of the terrorist attack, along with your whole family...

I didn't want you to die... And I didn't want you to be sad either...

I was the angel of death... at the time... However, I traded my powers...my spiritual energy... my name... to be with you...

However, I never thought that I would be given so much power... But I did...Because I traded myself... to the devil...

I was once pure... That's when Liam saw the past me... The child with blonde curls and blue eyes.. pure like an angel...

But now... After the exchange, I became a monster. I was scared looking at my true form, myself. But I had to... For you...

I had the power to ensure that you wouldn't die... and I was able to repeat life again for you...

However... The devil left me a warning...

"After this exchange. ..you will never feel loved...and no one will ever love you. The hole in your chest will never be filled...with any type of love..."

"Is there a way?..."

"There is one... The girl that you now love... Make her your queen... Make her...sell her soul...to you..."

That's what I wanted to do...

Unfortunately, once I became a devil... I didn't feel interested in you... I didn't love you... But I did love my POWER!

I made people turn towards evil! And it was so easy! The men who began the terrorist attacks, were so foolish! All it took...was a little push!

So, Yes! I caused the attack! I caused the meteorites to fall! I did all of that... with just their souls in return...!