Chapter 12: Fallen too far...

"WHY DID YOU ABONDON ME?!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME TO DIE?!!"

Valentina sprung up from this dreadful nightmare. She realised that she might have made a big mistake.
She looked beside her, in panic, but she felt relieved when she saw both, Liam and Emma sleeping peacefully.

She let out a sigh of relief after she looked very carefully if both of them were breathing.

"Liam... Hey, Liam. Wake up!"

Liam moaned as he turned around. "What?..."

"Get up... please..."

"Huh?"

After a short pause, Liam lifted himself up so quickly as he was confused.

"What? Nothing happened last night?!" He said.

Valentina looked down, she couldn't face him. She had a strong sense of deep guilt etched in her heart.

"Isn't this great?!" Liam said happily.

But when he looked over at Valentina's concerned face, his smile faded.

"What's wrong?... Did something happen?..."

Valentina began to silence herself, including her breath. She couldn't get herself to move a muscle. Struck with fear, she began to sob.

"Huh? Hey...! Why are you crying?..." Liam leaned over to her, stretching his arm across and gently holding her shoulder.

"I...can't...I can't...I can't. ...I can't. .." Valentina hid herself from him.

"What? Tell me! What happened last night?!" Liam begged for answers.

"I... made a big mistake..."
.
.
.
.
.

Liam handed a cup of coffee to Valentina. Emma was sitting and enjoying life on her baby rocking chair.

Liam sat down on the sofa beside her. He also had a cup of coffee in his hands. He looked at Valentina, she had a sad expression, she looked down and didn't flinched.

"Come on... Tell me...what happened?"

"Last night... After putting Emma back to sleep... someone who looked exactly like her, but older came to kill me..."

"What?... You mean..." Liam suddenly broke into a deep thought.

"It can't possibly be Emma...Right?.." He asked.

"She called me 'mommy'... And it was my fault... that she's dead."

"What are you talking about?-"

"Then after that... I met the angel of death." Valentina interrupted.

"You mean...you saw him too?..."

Valentina finally looked at Liam.

"What do you mean?..."

"Um... It was a few days ago... when I saw him in a dream... he said that he was an angel... And he is the reason why we're going through this."

"Well... He asked me if I valued death..." Valentina continued. "I don't. So... he turned into the devil... and told me to choose any one of us... That were hidden in caskets...and he'll kill that person.

I wanted to choose myself! I didn't want any of you to die because of me!... So I chose one... and I don't know who was inside it..."

Valentina spilled some of her tears into her mug of coffee. But then quickly wiped them away.