The Black Market

Warning: My older writing.

    "Human trafficking is illegal, ya know!" the human woman yelled through the holes of the mason jar's lid. 

    The giant man glanced down at her for a second before going back to writing something down on a name tag sticker. 

    "You'll go to jail for this," she pressed. 

    He smirked. "Only if I'm caught."

    "You'll get caught," she remarked confidently. 

    He ignored her. 

    "After all, you seem like the type of dumbass who could fuck this up."

    He frowned. "Do you ever shut up?" 

    "Yeah," she admitted, "But not right now." 

    "What's your name and age?" he inquired. 

    "My name's suck a dick, and I'm suck a dick years old." She smiled cheerfully. 

    "You look like a nineteen year old Lily," he commented. 

    "If you let me out of this jar, I'll tell you my real name and age," she said, batting her eyelashes hopefully. 

    "I don't really care enough."

    "Come on! Just temporarily. I'll even be quieter." she begged. 

    He sighed, unscrewing the lid, so he could pull her out. 

    "Rosemary. Twenty-five." Rosemary informed him, stretching out her limbs now that she wasn't trapped in a tiny container. She trotted over to whatever he was doing. "So whatcha doin?" 

    "I thought you said you'd be quiet," he growled.

    "I said 'quieter'," she corrected, "And I'm not yelling anymore, so you're welcome." 

    "Be silent, or you're going back in," he snarled. 

    "So what's your name?" she questioned, "You haven't told me yet."

    "Shut up," he ordered. 

    "Say your name. Say your name." she singsonged. 

    "Trenton. Now shut it." Trenton barked. 

    "But I'm boredddd," she whined. 

    He ignored her. 

    "So have you set up who I'm going to?" she asked, looking at the papers spewed over the desk. 

    He ignored her again. 

    She leaned against his sedentary hand. "You're not very talkative, are you?"

    "I don't talk to food," he snarled, jerking his hand out from under her. 

    She stumbled to regain herself. "Luckily...I'm not food."

    "You are food. Nothing but food."

    "Well, you said that you don't talk to food, and you're talking to me right now. So by your logic, I cannot be food." 

***

    He really considered himself strong-willed, but she completely changed all of that. She wouldn't stop talking and talking and talking. After having to talk to her for three days while he struggled to set up an exchange with a buyer, he kinda got attached to the human. He didn't like her, but it just felt wrong to sell her off into her doom. Okay, maybe he was kinda, sorta fond of the human. Unfortunately, he couldn't just let her go though. She could report him. So...

    "Why are you awake?" Rosemary scolded. 

    Trenton yawned. "The black market doesn't sleep."

    She crossed her arms. "You promised me you wouldn't work before 6am." He looked down to see the angry girl staring him down⁠—or technically up. He dipped his hand down and offered her his palm. She begrudgingly clambered into it. He gently curled his fingers around her and placed her in front of his laptop. 

    He curled his hand around her backside. "I know. I'm sorry. I promise I'll come back to bed in a bit, alright?"

    "You're coming back to bed now," she ordered. 

    "I really have to do this, lass. I have a meeting today, and our time zones are different. This is my only chance to set this all up now." He sighed. "Go back to bed, and I promise I'll be back before you know it."

    "I'm not going anywhere until you're done. I want it to weigh on your conscience that you're not only fucking up your own sleep schedule but mine too."

    "You're a nightmare," he huffed dramatically, plucking her up and stuffing her into his pajama shirt's pocket.