Little Secret Isn't Little Anymore

*Note: This is a sequel to "Little Secret," but you don't have to read "Little Secret" to follow along with this story. :) Dedicated to MakeFluffNotVore.*

    There was a knock at the door, and then it opened by its own. Theo popped his head around the corner to see it was Raf.

    Raf grinned and held up a six pack. "I brought beer."

    "You finally brought your own, ya lush," Theo huffed.

    “Oh shut up, ya nag,” Raf barked back, slamming the front door. 

    “Shoot!” a dull squeak sounded from around the wall.
    “Don’t worry, lass. It was just Raf slamming the door.” Theo assured the squeak.

    “What’s the little secret doing?” Raf asked.

Before Theo could answer, Raf forced the six pack into his hands and stumbled around the corner to see her.

    “If anybody’s a beast, it’s you, jerk.” Wendy pouted. “Now leave me alone. I’m trying to work.”

    In their society, giants viewed humans as termites of sorts. They conspire underground and overtake societies, so giants worked to exterminate them. Wendy’s a human, but Theo found her when she was very young and fragile. At the time, Raf insisted Theo turn her in before she grew up and became a deadly beast. Now, Wendy was old enough to be a deadly beast, but Raf couldn’t bear to get Wendy executed. After all, she wasn’t very deadly.

She custom made bracelets for a living. She could braid fine pieces of string together and paint highly detailed pictures on beads like no giant could. Of course, no one knew she wasn’t a giant, so her pieces were double as impressive. In addition, she only charged bare minimum to pay for supplies and shipping. It was more of a hobby to pass time. Secretly living under a giant’s protection could be boring sometimes, and she wanted to have a purpose in life. Seeing people leave pictures and reviews of her art gave her a purpose and made her happy. 

    Raf peered at the long bead hoisted up on a makeshift canvas. “Whatcha working on?”

    Wendy frowned. “It was a mountain until you scared me.”

    “I’m sorryyyy. I forgot about your anxiety."

    Raf scooped up Wendy into his hands. She reasonably yelped.

    “JERK!” Wendy whined, “You can’t just-”
    “Ya know...when you were little, you wouldn’t even let Raf hold you without crying.” Theo grinned from the doorway.

    “Yeah.” Wendy smiled shyly before quickly trying to act proper. “Well I’m not exactly a little kid anymore. I’m an adult, and I don’t appreciate being manhandled.”

    "You're still a little one," Theo cooed.

    "No I am not!" Wendy protested, "Now I would appreciate it if you put me down, so I can work. You two may carry on with whatever buffoonery you planned to partake in."

    "We're gonna day drink. Wanna join?" Raf offered.

    "No!" Wendy huffed.

    "I'm bringing you anyway."