G/T Tips/Headcannons + Story

Introduction
I have a hamster, and I'm constantly implementing her actions into g/t works. So if you don't have a rodent or small lizard to take inspiration from, here are some little anecdotes from my hamster named Persephone.

**There is a story below that you can skip to if you don't care about hamster anecdotes or g/t ideas.**

Holding
I've tried holding Persephone in both the common ways tinies are held in g/t work: the open palm and the wrapping the hand around the waist in a fist shape. Here are my findings.

-Open palm:
Persephone will sit still for a minute at most before she gets antsy. So I'm assuming a person would only be able to sit focused in an open palm for a minute before getting fidgety. Persephone would try to crawl down my arm, so perhaps the tiny would try to crawl down the giant's arm. Or if you want to play it safer, the tiny might start to trace the lines of a palm with their hand. Depending on your giant, they might have a scar or a callus on their skin that the tiny pokes at or traces. Perhaps they grab at a sleeve, ring, bracelet, or dangling hair. This may not apply to mature adult tinies, but there's a good chance they may at least observe lines or markings on a palm.

-Closed fist:
I didn't hold Persephone in this position for a long time because I wasn't sure if I was hurting her. But in the short time, I can assure you she hated it. Her feet were wiggling and kicking violently, and her tiny arms were flailing a little and clawing at me. I could imagine a person might try to kick the giant and beat at the giant's hand if their arms weren't pinned. Persephone also tried to wiggle and slink backwards out of my hand. Though, hamsters are a little bit more slippery than people I imagine, but it could probably still pass.

Giving Food/Objects
When I gave Persephone treats, she'd snatch it from me and wouldn't let me have it back. Of course, I wasn't going to take her treats, but I was curious as to if she'd defend her food. When grabbing the food, she'd extend both hands and rip it out of my fingers. I think she did that because I have greater grip strength, and she didn't think I'll let her have it. So a tiny may reach out two hands to rip the food or object out of the giant's fingers, feeling challenged against the giant being.

Comfort-Cuddling/Napping/Safety
Persephone will not lay out in the open. She has to be laying against my arm or hand, or she has to be in her 'nest' or an enclosure. Anything warm attracts her attention. She also really likes to lay in my sleeve. This may be uncharacteristic for adults, but young children may climb into sleeves. I have to stop Persephone from crawling too far up in my sleeve, so a young child may crawl too far up and cause problems. Additionally, Persephone gets really still when I pull her to my chest, and I think it might have something to do with my heartbeat. For a tiny, maybe hearing the heartbeat of their giant companion, significant other, or guardian may be soothing.

Movement
Persephone is fast. She probably thinks I'm slow. Generally, big creatures see small creatures move really fast, and small creatures see big creatures move very slow. This is often left out of g/t fluff because it just an added complication for a fantasy story, but I can still assure you that a giant will have trouble keeping hold of an antsy tiny. Persephone is also very independent. She likes to crawl in places that I won't let her, and she'll keep trying to go back to that place no matter how many times I pick her up and put her back.

Story
"Calm down, wiggle worm," Olcod huffed to the little girl wrapped in his hand.

"Let go!" Lorelai whined, swinging her legs wildly.

He deposited her into his open palm, but she was still fidgeting. She was pinching at the skin of his pad and tracing the lines of his hand.

"Quit, munchkin. That's itchy." he complained, scratching at his hand.

She took the opportunity to duck into the scratching hand's sleeve.

"Don't crawl into my sleeve," he grumbled, grabbing her and pulling her back into his palm.

She quickly clambered back into his sleeve. He tried to grab her again, but she slipped in already. Now, he could feel the urchin carefully crawl down his arm, deeper into his sleeve. He grabbed the sleeve, so she couldn't go any further. Once she realised he was stopping her, she tried to figure out a way around him. That only led to her falling off his arm. She landed in the bottom of his sleeve, but for a second there, she forgot about the safety net and screamed. He could feel the little hump hurriedly clambered back out of his sleeve.

"And this is why we don't play around in places I tell you not play around in," Olcod scolded gently.

He carefully cupped his hands around her as she crawled out onto his desktop. She reached her arms out, and he pulled her close to his chest. She grabbed onto his shirt and slumped against him.

"Urchin," he huffed, further curling his hands around her.