background & summary

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

leighton and ricky have been neighbors and best friends their entire lives. they were usually always attached at the hip with big red right there with them.

the summer before junior year was supposed to be one for the books. turns out it held memories of sadness, confusion, and possibly love.

leighton lost her father in the middle of summer, and along with her grieving the absence, she found herself distracted with ricky. she was completely oblivious of how much better ricky treated her than nini and what his emotions to her really were.

ricky took a "break" with his girlfriend (ex) nini as she left for a camp and he couldn't bring himself to say three words. he then found himself distracted with leighton. leighton has always had a special place in ricky's heart, using the excuse of his parents not saying the three words to each other to nini, but in reality he "you know" somebody else.

the two teenagers helped each other with the lack of happiness in their hearts, one of them making a move that started the confusion and questions.

but the moment was brushed off, although the two of them thought about it constantly— wondering what the other thought of it. apart from the questionable act, things seemed to settle down and go back to how they were with nini, ricky, and leighton with them as best friends.

because it was just a one time thing. right?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

delia notes: a disclaimer! i do not own any of the characters except leighton, nayeli, and liliana. all rights go to disney. i also will be following the plot to hsmtmts, but i will add in things not following the hsmtmts plot.