sixteen

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

leighton sat at her sister's vanity mirror, as nayeli finished placing the last bobby pin to hold in the braid to her hairstyle. she reapplied the clear lip gloss and blew a kiss towards the reflection. both girls giggled as her hair was now finished.

"look at my masterpiece. i am a genius. i know." nayeli said just as their mother walked in. "oh my beautiful girls. you both look amazing." liliana said touching both brunette's curled hair.

leighton wore a short dark blue dress that had a slit on her left thigh, with black heels to match. hoping the heel gave her a little more height next to ricky. nayeli had on a dark purple strapless dress that was a little below the knee. both girls going to hug their mom.

"oh your dad would say the same thing. he loved watching you both be all dolled up. i really miss him at times like this for your memories." liliana said and both sisters sadly smiled. they felt the same way. nothing would be the same without their dad. they were moving on, but couldn't help to think of him for this.

"enough sadness. i really don't want to be sad tonight. tía lisa is coming over soon so we can watch some movies and things while you girls are off having fun." liliana said as nayeli mentioned her date was there to pick her up.

the three girls let out funny noises in excitement and said goodbyes to each other as nayeli disappeared down the stairs with the mother to greet the boy. leighton waiting for ricky to finish getting ready and pick her up.

a few minutes later ricky texted leighton he was walking out his house. she making her way to the door to be greeted by the tall handsome boy. she took him in and stared up and down. the color of his suit really fitting him.

"wow, you look absolutely gorgeous. as always." ricky said reaching out to grab her hand. saying bye to liliana who was right behind her daughter and tried to hurry and take pictures of the two.

they got into the little orange buggy car and headed off to the school. big red on his way there as well. "ready to have a cliche high school moment?" leighton asked smiling over at ricky who nodded and turned the music up from his aux cord.

leighton and ricky got out the car and walked towards the front of the school. both saw big red who was beyond excited to see his best friends together looking all fancy. "you guys really can look all couple-like if you wanted to. which you should. please do it. don't crash my ship." the red head said as they walked to the dance.

"your ship? you are obsessed. in a good way i suppose." leighton giggled and asked mr. mazzara for their trio pack to be checked in from the list. the three going to the photo booth after being checked in.

"ok so group photo time, we haven't taken one in so long!" ricky said as they all huddled close together as the photographer snapped two pictures. then asked for one of their numbers to send them to. leighton being the one to give it to the guy.

big red stopped two the from going anywhere and had them ask for a couple picture. "go back and take a picture together. without me. you guys should have this for memories." ricky shrugged and asked the guy who happily nodded.

ricky grabbed leighton's hand and pulled her into him as they both smiled big. leighton almost losing her balance and laughing while shoving ricky after the photo was taken. it was a perfect picture and one they got to keep forever. again with the photographer asking for the number to send them to.