eight

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

leighton pulled in to her driveway noticing her mom's car gone, meaning she will be alone until after nayeli was done with practice and her mom picked her up.

she looked towards the passenger seat of her car as ricky gathered his things, she saw no one was at his house either and decided to just ask him if he wanted to be at her house.

"so did you want to come over? your dad isn't home from work yet." she asked softly. "neither is my mom." he replied looking at the empty driveway where his mother's car should be.

leighton sighed and got out the car. ricky doing the same and went to put his skateboard and helmet on his front porch before walking into the barrios house. it smelt like lavender that seemed to calm him down, as always.

"want anything to drink or eat, ric?" leighton yelled from the kitchen. he followed her voice and nodded before going into a cabinet and grabbing popcorn to pop. they did agree on having a movie night after all. maybe that will help him get his mind off things.

as ricky popped the popcorn, leighton took out candy and some water bottles before heading up to her room. ricky following her with the strong scent of popcorn lingering in the air.

"ok so what movie? disney, or maybe some comedy? you pick today." leighton said emerging from her closet with extra thick blankets.

"we can definitely go for like..comedy. i think i need a good laugh. white chicks?" ricky said as he found it on the tv. the girl nodded jumping into her bed with the workout clothes she had on from rehearsal. ricky pressed play and made himself comfortable as well.

it felt weird to be doing this all over again. another movie evening between the two of them. after the last time in the summer they had not done a movie night. will she have the chance to ask?

ricky on the other hand was anxious to be in her bed. not thinking about her in any way, but because it's been a while. he wanted to discuss all the problems he had. hoping to ease his mind somehow but there was too much to really explain.

the movie was almost over and both of the friends had reached into the popcorn bowl and accidentally touched hands. leighton stopped her digging for the food and slowly moved her hand out the bowl.

she looked over at ricky whose hand was still inside the bowl, only he was looking at her as well. it was totally like a scene from some cheesy love movie.

"ricky can i ask your something?" he nodded trying to stop himself from staring at her lips and desperately trying to focus on her eyes instead.

"in the summer when you kissed me, you said it was because it might have been an accident." the girl said taking a deep breath before continuing. "i believed you, but for some reason i can't stop thinking about it. was it because you felt bad for me when i was upset about my dad?"

ricky shook his head not being able to put words together. not ready to talk about the kiss at that second. his head was jumbled all over again and he just wanted to crawl in a hole at that moment.

the sound of a text pinged from ricky's phone and he grabbed it. glad something stopped him from word vomiting all his emotions and insecurities out. "it's my dad. he wants me home for dinner." he stood up grabbing his shoes and glancing at his best friend who looked upset that she didn't get answer.