four

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

as the barrios girls returned back from their dinner, leighton noticed a figure siting on her front porch.

"hey creep what are you doing here?" she softly laughed but stopped as she saw a look of distress on her best friend's face.

ricky politely asked liliana to steal away leighton to go to big red's house because it was 'urgent'. the mother said yes knowing her daughter was always safe with him.

nayeli and liliana shared a look as they saw him grab her hand and dragged her to the car she just came out of. leighton being the one taking them to the urgent call.

"oh yeah, he so loves her. she just hasn't realized it yet." the mother laughed as her eldest had a good point.

"no! absolutely not." big red said he removed the gaming headphones off his head. "okay, i know it's crazy dude. but leighton was right. to get nini uhh, back she has to see me in a whole new light." ricky butted in.

"but we hate musicals" big red slowly said. "ah, no. i do not. don't throw me in this." leighton perked up as she watched ricky pace from her seat on a bean bag.

"i don't hate musicals. i just think it's weird people burst into song in the middle of the street." as encouraging as leighton wanted to be, ricky made no sense. "ric that's a musical. that's how it works. literally."

leighton continued as her red headed friend agreed with her. "look if you really want to do this. come with me tomorrow to audition, we can even rehearse some lines or something before we do it. yeah?"

ricky's heart sped up at the thought of him and her magically getting the lead parts and then having to spend a lot more time together than they already do. oh how opposite that would really be.

"okay yeah, i'm auditioning for this thing tomorrow, with leighton's help, and nothing is gonna stop me." ricky stated proudly, still focused on being with leighton a lot of the time.

"okay wait, do you even know the plot of high school musical? i know she does, she wouldn't stop singing the songs at one point for some reason." big red questioned the boy with a big idea.

"of course! it is about zac efron dancing with a basketball." ricky said really sure of himself. the red headed friend proceeded to explain the main plot of the story to him as ricky and leighton exchanged glances.

the brunette lightly teased him for knowing so much and laughing at the lame excuse of the movie being on replay at one of his doctor's offices. "okay the point is, you are out of your league here man. all right? you can't pull this off." big red stated.

ricky took that as a challenge and ran up the stairs in their friend's basement bedroom. "hey loser! you forgot i drove you here!" leighton said as she grabbed her belongings and bid goodbye to her friend. "and you don't have the hair for it! leigh please tell him this is possibly a mistake."

leighton wanted to help ricky out with his girl problems. but even she knew this could end very badly or actually decent. she quickly said she would discuss it with him before running up the stairs as well.

leighton found herself speed walking through the hallways at east high and searching for her best friend. as she was about to speed by a door, she saw him sitting in the computer lab. she snuck in and attempted to whisper.