thirty

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

for the last time of the first act, leighton sat down at her piano bench to play the next song. she was happily waiting for her signal to start. the musical was becoming one of her favorite things this year of high school.

she only reflected for a few minutes before the next scene started. leighton was given the sign to start background playing the piano to this song. she was staring at ricky for sure now. it was like she was forgetting the bad things between them. he was very mesmerizing on stage.

ricky was looking over at his cast mates, but looked to the area leighton was. he sent her a wink and leighton couldn't help but laugh at him.

the scene was perfect for the most part. she was dancing a little from it being almost intermission and because she felt great that gina was back. ricky was doing so well and leighton loved it too.

she was a little worried about the harness ricky was about to be put on, but just watched with one eye open. during his time in the air his entire aura changed.

as he was singing, "she makes it feel so right", he looked down to leighton again. then suddenly he was staring at someone in the audience. like really staring. he stopped his words and became frozen mid air. leighton was confused and moved her hands so he can keep going.

she couldn't see out to the crowd so she just just kept her eyes focused on ricky. ricky dropped the ball as he was still in the air and leighton stood up. she saw the boy shake his head and glance down to her again.

she mouthed a 'what' to him, but he was still frozen. the theatre kids were confused as much as she was. a few of the girls on stage looked at leighton and she shrugged as a response to them. he eventually starting saying his lines again and they brought him down from the air.

ricky was still in some daze and just wasn't doing what he needed to do. he was horribly off key and leighton just watched a little nervous. the ball ricky had, vanished into the audience and he ended up walking off stage.

leighton grabbed her other piano player and had him play as she started to quickly make her way to the backstage area. she saw how different ricky became and had to know immediately what had happened.

the musical continued without stopping as the dancers watched their lead get off stage. eventually that scene ended and an announcement was made that it was now intermission. leighton was thankful that he made it through the first half.

carlos was a little confused about the ending and asking what happened as well. "it's a long story." leighton heard ricky say, he continued, "has anyone seen leighton? i need her and her little talks right about now." leighton appeared as he finished talking.

she looked at him as he was still rambling. "leigh, my mom's new boyfriend decided to show up and i wanna punch a wall." leighton moved her head to look in the crowd and walked towards ricky. "okay, look at me. just relax. it's okay. you need to calm down ricky." she placed her hands on his seeing him start to breathe differently.

"i feel like i need a miracle to face act two." ricky spoke again, leighton squeezed his hand. "ricky, i'm right here you need to calm down. you're shaking visibly and i see you taking very big breaths. here look at me." leighton said as she grabbed his chin.

ricky had his mind elsewhere and her words were becoming silent to him. leighton was feeling anxious that his mom would do that and bring her boyfriend, especially to the show. she could have waited just a little longer or even after for ricky and him to meet.

"you're still shaking ricky, leighton take him to sit down for a bit." kourtney said as leighton agreed and guided ricky. he responded very low and let his (ex)girlfriend take him away. he felt himself become a little sweaty.

leighton sat him on a prop chair for a few seconds before ricky stopped her. "leighton i can't do it. i'm feeling nervous and bad. i can't perform anymore. i gotta tell ej to go on." before the girl could stop him he was up out the seat and dashing to the dressing room area.

she was in slight shock at how fast he moved and finally got it together to go after him. ricky was talking to ej already and somehow shirtless. leighton spoke, "don't do it ricky."

"what's going on?" ej asked as he looked between ricky and leighton. "you need to do the second act. as troy." ricky inputted. ej was very confused and leighton spoke again, "no you don't ej, ricky please just stop. put on the jersey and sit down please."

ej asked ricky if he was sick because it didn't make sense to him why ricky was determined to do this. ricky was on a mission and just shook his head as he said, "no, look. i'm not star material. i'm not good enough to be on that stage, and i tried but—" ej cut him off, "what are you talking about?"

"i'm screwing up so bad out there. i'm too new at this to have this lead role. i can't blow this for everyone." ricky said choking up a little. leighton grabbed his hand from behind him and squeezed it again that night. the bracelet still evident on his wrist. "you aren't messing up. you are worth this role, but if you really feel as if you can't do it... i support you. so does ej, right?" leighton asked looking at the two boys.

ej just watched as ricky asked him if he will do the role again. leighton felt her chest hurt from seeing ricky be doubtful about himself. deep down she knew it had to do with his personal problems, yet she didn't want to push him or his buttons so she just let him do what he needed. the jersey was taken out of ricky's hand and ej nodded.

ricky was still holding leighton's hand and went to grab another shirt. leighton sent a thumbs up to ej as he returned it. the girl had explained to ricky she really needed to get back to the orchestra pit and even though ricky didn't want her to, he still let her go.

leighton made it to her bench and took a few deep breaths. she wanted to help ricky, but right now she had a show to play for.

things were about to get weird.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
delia notes: only one more episode of leighton and ricky!! :(