fifteen

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

leighton walked down the hallway with ricky and big red. both of them filling their red headed friend in with what had gone down between the two of them. big red was probably the most excited apart from leighton's mom. who freaked out in the best way.

big red was now trying to convince the two kiss shared friends to go to homecoming together. "come on! i am just saying, it would be good. like a pre-relationship fake date-thingy!" he said waving both of his arms out.

the two looked at each other before leighton spoke up, "dude it's already the day of homecoming! and we said we could take it slow. we can go as friends who just shared a kiss or two. it's fine with me. so hush it." she said shoving him to the side and ricky nodded before looking down at his best girl friend.

"but you guys are both single. and ready to mingle. even though you already did things that should mean you're together already but it's ok. it's good. it's fine." he egged on still hoping the two would hurry up and get together.

knowing he was getting no where and suddenly respecting their wishes, he spoke again, "fine we can all go as friends. hang out at dances like the good old days!" leighton just laughed and walked into her next class. leaving him behind while smiling and grabbing ricky's hand.

the gesture was enough for the two to sigh with content. things were good. they both sat in their seats to the english class and looked at one another. "so, what color is your suit?" leighton asked as she took out her notebook and pen.

ricky shifted in his seat to better look at her and said, "oh it's either the blue or the black one. haven't really decided which one i want to wear yet. what about your dress? since you didn't let me see it." leighton laughed and told him, "it's dark blue and short to my knees maybe."

"maybe i will go for the blue-ish suit. or is that too much clashing?" ricky told her and it made leighton make a face, "since when do you care about clashing?"

the two laughed as the bell rang. the teacher assigning partner readings to analyze which the two took advantage of. obviously going to be partners. "so what did your mom say when nayeli told her about the kiss?" ricky questioned.

"oh god, she made the same noises like nayeli. it was probably squeakier honestly. she's happy for us two though. and told me that it was smart for us to be cautious and to take it slow. she knows others can judge about it, but she understands how much it means for us. she was very understanding." leighton told ricky words from her mother's mouth.

ricky loved how supportive liliana was of her daughters. and even if him. she was like a second mother to him and there when his wasn't. he didn't know what he would do without the barrios women. even with nayeli's weird personality.

the two finished their assignment and talked more about things and what else they can agree on for their possible future relationship.

ricky and leighton walked into ricky's house. both laughing at how nayeli hit two curbs while driving home, this is why leighton mainly drives.

they headed into a semi-dark living room and ricky noticed his dad in a cocoon on the couch. "dad" he said while heading towards the middle of the living room. leighton watched and took in the warm smell of ricky's house. including the stench of leftovers on the coffee table.

the satisfied look going away on her face, "ric it smells like underneath your bed.." leighton said as she waved to ricky's dad and him sluggishly returning one. "yeah, it smells like my bedroom in here." he said shifting around the old containers.

"why are you guys home, shouldn't you be at rehearsal?" leighton not being able to answer that there was none before ricky asked why his dad wasn't at work. then his dad's reply being it was a 'mental health day', those are needed but it's been more than just one day leighton thought.

"that's like a mental health week!" ricky said opening up the living room curtains. "come on, mom isn't coming back and this is the way it is now, okay? leigh help me with this blanket." ricky asked the girl who dropped her bag and helped rip the blanket of.

"seriously mike, maybe a shower? it's okay to be feeling this way, but for real. a shower. in case the hint wasn't clear a few seconds ago." leighton said as ricky's dad sat up and the smell became somewhat stronger of odor.

"you're right, it's not. it's not okay. and leave my smell alone." he said as ricky spoke again, "i don't like it either, but, i really can't look at you like this. neither of us can. leighton more so can't smell you this way." the girl vigorously nodded holding her nose.

"so take a shower. rejoin civilization." ricky said folding the blanket his dad had on him. "nice warm showers relaxed me after we lost my dad. takes your mind off of things." the brunette said as ricky's dad just nodded, putting a face on as leighton mentioned her father. the two men once being close.

"fine, but i don't exactly see you putting yourself out there post break-up." mike said and ricky cleared just throat and looked over at leighton. she knew he hadn't told his dad with everything going on. it was a fresh topic.

"that good sir, is where you're wrong because leighton and i are going to homecoming tonight. together...and with big red of course." the boy said smiling as his father looked at the two who had goofy smiles on their faces. slowly catching on.

"yeah so we're all going. me and leighton. and big red too." ricky told his dad picking up old food containers. "sounds like you both want to go alone, but what do i know?" his dad said.

"anyways. we're in this together. even leighton is. okay?" the girl nodded and took some things to their trash can. breathing cleaner air now rather than the older man who still had yet gone to shower. it was a little dramatic but her nose was sensitive to smells.

"leighton, hun, does this mean i need to make a dating profile?" ricky's dad asked as ricky was fake offended his dad didn't ask him. "well first. take a shower! then sure. why not. it couldn't hurt." leighton said smiling as his dad finally stood up. "fine. i will go and shower since you have asked so kindly." ricky's dad said sarcastically.

ricky high fived leighton. happy they got him up from the couch to stop the state his was in. leighton didn't like to see anyone like that. not after seeing her own mother that way. "baby steps dad. that's all it takes" ricky said watching the figure of his dad go up the stairs.

"so now that he is up. i think i will go ahead and head home to get ready for tonight. are you excited?" leighton asked grabbing her things and walking to the door which ricky opened. both stepping on the porch.

"yeah of course. i get to spend time with you. at a dance. a little more than friends this time." ricky said brushing the fly away strands of hair off her freckled face. he just wanted to kiss her. it was all he wanted to do lately. it was addicting.

leighton felt her cheeks heat up as she reached up and pecked his lips before biting her lip and heading off his porch.

"i'll see you later cutie! dress to impress, see you at 7:30!" the girl said opening her own door and heading inside to her own home. she loved the way ricky's lips felt on her own. ricky loved it even more.

he was ready for the dance mentally. now to look like he was on the outside. he smiled and turned around to his own house.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
delia notes: pls y'all. i really wish ricky and leighton were real because i want to be their friend :(