Seven

Julieta's POV

It's been two weeks since I've spoke to Ezekiel.

Everyone could smell the tension from miles away, but I didn't care because I was not talking to him. As many times as he tried to talk to me, he finally gave up two days ago.

I wanted to talk to him, so bad. I wanted to reach out and touch him because when we touch it's like a fire is ignited in me.
And I never want that feeling to stop, but I'd never know if he felt the same.

Today I was finally allowed to go outside by myself.

There's been no sign of anyone out of the ordinary so Bishop told me I was allowed out for three hours.
To say I was ecstatic would be an understatement. I've been looking forward to riding my bike for two weeks.

My grin on my face was going absolutely nowhere anytime soon as I tied the laces of my riding boots.
Putting on my jean jacket I made my way out my room and to the front door where my baby awaited.

Angel and Coco stood by the door waiting for me when I neared, and by the looks on their face, I could tell something was going down.

"Be careful out there Jules. You hear?" I glanced between the two of the worried boys happily nodding.
They headed out the door in front of me when Angel suddenly stopped.
"And talk to my brother also. He's been a little bitch since you ghosted him." Coco laughed, his eyes trained on my face.

"And I was the one that told the crew about you two and your... Extracurricular activities." My eyes widened to saucers, my fist clenching tightly at my side.
Before I could even think, my hand shot out and punched him on his cheek. "Pendejo! I've been mad at him because I thought it was him! Pinche guey!" And this causes Coco to laugh even harder. So hard he was clutching his sides and holding onto Angel for support.

So I kicked his shin in retaliation.

"Ow! The fuck was that for?!" In answer I simply just narrowed my eyes and walked past him. He didn't say anything after that and I wouldn't have stopped to listen anyway.

My bike came into view, my prized possession.

Mounting my baby I turned her on and revved the engine. What should I do with my three hours? It was 5 o'clock on the dot when I last checked, and it's been awhile since I've seen a sunset.

Parking my bike on the sidewalk I opened my saddle bag to bring out the bag of food I had just bought, fajita tacos from the local truck down the block, and my blanket.
Placing the blanket on the ground I sat myself down against a tree and looked out at the park in front of me.

I saw children playing on the playground, their parents all calling them to go back in for the night, and a few couples walking around hand in hand looking out at the sunset like I was.
The sunset bled from it's bright yellow to scarlet as it set in front of me.

The time was barely 6:30, and with so much time left I honestly didn't know what to do with it.
"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up in shock as my old friend, Primo, squatted down next to me. I offered him a taco, which he didn't take, while he got himself situated. "What are you doing here Primo?"
His chuckle brought light to my ears, hearing someone I care about laugh so genuinely.

"I should be asking the same thing. Weren't you just so hell bent on getting the fuck out of here?" I shrugged, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"I was talked out of it. What can I say?" He sat up straight, knocking my head off his shoulder coldly.

"By that Mayan, yes, I saw that. Who the fuck even is he?" My face contorted with irritation as he questioned me vigorously.
"What's it to you Primo?" This got him riled up. Next thing I knew, his face was merely centimeters away from mine as his eyes searched mine.