Twelve

Julieta

It's been a couple days since Primo took me. I hope my bike isn't too messed up. I love that bike. It's the only one my brother ever got for me.

My ankle was chained to the floor by the bed they situated me on. The chain tugged at my ankle when I moved, and hurt like hell when I tried to stand on it.

Why is it always me?

I heard voices outside of the room I was in getting closer by the second, and when they were right outside of the room I held in a small breath of anticipation.

The door was practically ripped open, the bright light blinding me temporarily as the room itself was dark.
"Jules. Baby. It's time to move." I narrowed my eyes at him as two men stepped from behind him and walked toward me.

One of the men grabbed my arm to keep me in place and the other unlocked the chain around my ankle.
I knew even if I wasn't chained it'd be no use to try and run. My ankle was too bruised to run on and I had no idea where I was in the first place.

I was pulled out of the bed harshly, wincing as I applied pressure to my ankle. Primo eyed me before he sighed and ordered the man to my right to carry me up the stairs.

I don't know why he was doing this to me. I thought we were friends. But apparently not since he's sold me out to who I'm guessing to be Lucian.

I held my head high as we ascended up the stairs and into a small room. There was no way I'd ever let them see me weak.
The man put me down, and as much as my ankle hurt, I didn't let it show.

"Julieta, my love, this all could've been forgotten had you just stuck to your original plan."

Growling at the man in front of me I swung at his face but missed as one of the men around me grabbed my arm to stop me.
Primo shook his head before turning and walking out of the room, everyone behind him following.

As I walked out of the room behind him, I could see headlights beaming in an even bigger room.

There parked in front of us were four black SUVs and a single red Peugeot RCZ.

Lucian's car.

It was the first car he'd ever owned himself, and I was with him when he got it.

The breath being held in my chest stayed as I was pulled along until I was fifteen feet from the car. The engine turned off, as did the headlights, and the door opened.

I knew he'd get me one of these days.

I just wasn't ready for it.

It was when I saw him that I realized just how hellbent he was.

His tanned skin reclined under his light brown hair, and around his honey brown eyes that stared into mine. He wore a wicked smirk beneath his all white suit, his eyes crazed.
"Julieta! My queen! How wonderful to see you here." I stared blankly back at him unimpressed. He took this a sign of disrespect, but said nothing.

He then turned his attention to Primo, who stood in his place quietly. "I'm glad you were smart about things Prime."
Primo nodded, taking a step away from me. When I looked into his eyes in that moment I saw regret in them.

Lucian waved at his men in the SUVs, and a door was opened. Out came a girl around my age, running toward Primo.

He held out his arms for her and scooped her up in a hug that seemed much needed by both of them. I could tell the girl was important to him and knew then that he was doing this for her.

But who was she?

"Alright Jules. Get in the car so we can go home." I didn't want to get in the car with him, but I knew that if I didn't he'd probably kill Primo and the girl. So I sucked it up and slowly walked toward the car, trying to wince as little as possible.

When I neared the car Lucian rushed over to my side and opened the door for me to get in. I nodded as I fell into the car and pulled on my seatbelt.
Lucian waved to Primo and the girl, Primo never taking his eyes off of me.

The SUVs pulled out of the warehouse we were in, Lucian taking his time to reverse. It was then that I realized he was staring at me.

I turned slightly to look at him, his eyes shining at me with what he believed to be love in them.

"Mi amor. You're finally back with me. Why'd you run for so long Jules? Hm?"

I internally rolled my eyes, wishing I were back in California having dinner with Ezekiel and his family.
Or even lunch with Emily, no matter how much she hates me.

"What really happened to my brother Lucian? Because I've been thinking about it and you were the first one there. But I checked the logs before I left and I know that you were supposed to be on patrol."

Lucian shrugged, his eyes now on the road as he drove away from the warehouse and toward our own clubhouse I presumed.

"I did what needed to be done. For you, for me, for us."

I looked over at him like he was crazy as he drove. He killed my brother. He murdered my brother!

"He was your best friend. How could you do that to him?!" Lucian's hand tightened around the steering wheel for a few seconds, before it seemed like he calmed himself down.

"He would've never let us be together Julieta. We're meant to be!"

It was then that I punched him. Square in the face.

The car swerved for a second, his hand going to his cheek as he gained control back. The crazed look in his eye told me it was either now or never.

"You said you loved me Jules!"

Now, or never.

"I was in pain! I was just broken up with by Estella! I never loved you!"

Now or never.

His hands on the wheel were so tight his knuckles were now white. I knew what needed to be done. I knew what I had to do.

Looking down the dirt road in front of me I grabbed all the strength inside of me and pulled my arm back.
I let my hand meet his face in a punch that knocked him out cold, causing the car to swerve off the road and into a tree.

I didn't think this completely through.

The car began to smoke, and Lucian sat next to me out cold. I wasn't too injured from the accident, but injured enough that this head start would be a big help.

Before I left I went into his glove compartment where I found his second phone, the one untraceable and easy to use.

As quickly as I could, I sent out a single text.

And then, I ran.

To: 1+(072)-274-5720
From: 0462
Alive. Mexico. Come find me.
- Jue