Seventeen

*Third Person*

The previous day gave the Mayans and Galindo cartel time to realize exactly what they were getting themselves into. It gave them a day full of laughter, love, and new found trust.

They were all ready to fight for one reason or another.

Julieta stared out at the bikes and trucks parked along the driveway with an almost too calm look on her face. Miguel stepped next to her, "You ready?" Julieta turned to face her old friend with a nod, reminiscing the days when she was teaching Miguel the ropes of his own operation.
Their lives were so different all those years ago, and now it was like they were back at the beginning.

Fighting their way out of a rivalry between Julieta and someone of high power.

In this case, it was someone she trusted, someone who her brother trusted. Miguel remembered a time when he loved Julieta more than a little sister. A time when Miguel wanted to be with the girl standing next to him, until he met Emily and he realized he only enjoyed Julieta's comforting presence.
"Ready as I'll ever be. Hasta la muerte." Miguel grinned at their old saying, "Hasta la muerte." They bumped forearms then, turning back toward the bikes that were now beginning to be started up.

It was finally time for them to head out. They knew their plan, and they all knew what they had to do. Julieta descended down the stairs of the mansion toward her boyfriend, now known as her fiancé, with a huge smile in her eyes.
As she reached the man he opened his arms for her to walk straight into his embrace, holding her tightly like it would be the last time.

"I'll see you in two hours."

Ezekiel nodded as he pulled away from his fiancée, mumbling a lie 'I love you' in her ear, to which she smiled and said it back even louder. He was proud to call her his girl, and only hoped she felt the same. When their hands slipped away from each other's she turned to walk to the very end of the driveway where Estella stood leaning against her SUV.

Estella's job was to get Julieta to Lucian. It was all part of the plan.

Estella stood in dark washed jeans, a black muscle shirt, and a black leather jacket, paired with her black leather boots. Her hair was pulled back in a low sloppy braid that let her face be shown with confidence where she stood.
Julieta nodded at Estella who opened the backseat door for her ex-lover, a tight smile on her face. Estella didn't feel right about this. She thought the plan would backfire somewhere in between, she just didn't know where.

The taller girl got in after Julieta while her driver began to speed off onto the road toward the location Lucian had given her the night before. Estella has known Lucian for quite awhile, and felt in her gut that he knew something was up. He had to have known. She couldn't bring it on herself to believe that Lucian could possibly think Estella would actually help him.
She never exactly liked him, and they both knew she'd never really betray Julieta. She loved the girl too much. He has to have his own plan in place, Estella thought.

All too soon, Estella's driver was pulling into the driveway of a three story mansion she had help build along with Julieta and her dead brother. Julieta was now feeling nervous, her stomach churned as she saw one of her brother's most loyal men walk out with a gun in hand pointing it toward the SUV she sat in.
Estella slowly stepped out of the vehicle, brow raised at the new errand boy. His weapon was pulled back as his eyes left hers and toward the SUV where Julieta sat. She numbly played with the ends of her hair as she looked at the scene in front of her.

The man turned and walked back into the house as Estella looked back and nodded at her driver. The driver stepped out as well, opening the backseat and grabbing Julieta, forcefully dragging her out. The young girl screamed with pleas of mercy, asking Estella to let her go, but nothing changed how tight the driver's grip was on the girl.
The front door opened again, this time the boarder patrol officer that had let her go months ago stepping out. He winked at Julieta before turning to Estella and handing her a bag. Most likely filled to the brim with money.