First Impressions (Part 2)

Summary: The Mandalorian finds himself questioning the benevolence of the rambunctious girl and her supposed father.

Warnings: None

Word Count: 2130

⚫︎⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚫︎

"When can we stop this act?" I say as I face my 'father'. The night star shining above us, as the Mandalorian was found wandering about the settlement, probably looking for traps or something of that nature.

"When the ex-Imerials stop looking for you... you made quite the impression all those years ago, I would be kidding myself if I thought they forgot about it so soon."

Sighing I rub a hand down my (y/s/c) skin, "I don't know how much more I can take of this heat and sand."

"I thought you would get used to it by now. Go, search for the Gild worker, make sure he is not snooping where he should not be..." His gruff voice carried into the harsh winds as I made my way towards a smaller hut on the side, constructed for and by me. But when I opened the door, I found the stranger there, his back towards me as he pilfer through my stuff.

"Oi! What's going on here?"

He stopped abruptly in his search then slowly turned towards me. His helmet was much more intimidating than I had thought. The darkened 'T' shape of his view window and the chrome look to the connected plates around his head made his fearful structure scream death and destruction.

"You're different... aren't you?" He was slow to say it, his words stringing together as if he did not even understand what he was saying. "Unless you carry around robes and a mythical weapon in an emergency pack just for fun."

Hold my brown satchel he dumped out the rations of food and water out as well as the robes I used to wear. Then there was a plunk of metal as my beautifully constructed handle hit the ground.

"Better be more careful, Mando," Walking up to him I just then realize how much taller he was. Trying to look intimidating I stare him down... or up. "Yes, this is my stuff, but it is no business of yours-"

"Your being hunted by ex-Empire troopers aren't you..."

My eyes widen as he reached into his pocket. Grabbing my side gun that I hid in my leg length boots, I point it directly at his chest armor.

"Who are you. What are you doing here? What do you want with me-"?

"I won't rat you out if that was what you were thinking... I have no intention of killing you." He cut me off, slowly grabbing a small disk from his back pocket, he held it to my face. "I hope you realize what this is?"

Shifting through all my memories I came up. empty. Was it an Ewok frisbee? Or was it a contraption for food?

"Well you should." Bending down he placed the piece of metal on the floor and immediately a hologram of me pops up. Well, it was just my face floating in slow clockwise rotations. The blue hues danced amongst my room as I lowered my weapon.

"This is a Bounty Puck, I swiped it off of one of my employers... It was when I had asked him for another job, he displayed many pucks but yours was not in the normal mix. When I asked him for it he said it was too much to handle for 'one Mandalorian'. It was just pure chance that I found you here."

"I am not some prey to be handed over," I growled at the armored man. Trying to calm my breaths I close my eyes and holster my gun back into my leather boots. "So what are you going to do now? Huh?" Raising my hands up in the air as a sign of defeat I chuckle to myself. "I saw from the puck that the bounty on me is quite a haul if you were to turn me in." Pushing the man aside I sat on the rickety bed I made all so many years ago. "I tried so hard to hide from them. I thought they would stop looking by now."