Safe Haven

Request: Hello!! Can I request a one-shot where Mando and the child have both been being tracked by this extremely deadly assassin? And so they travel to this outer rim planet, maybe D'Qar before it was inhabited by the resistance. And they met a girl who lived in a small village, she had a specialty with pretty much every, she was a skilled fighter, she could easily take care of children, she can cook fantastic meals and all that good stuff. And Mando just mysteriously falls for her charm, and maybe near the end, he takes her helmet in for her. If you can do this it would be great!!

Summary: Peace and quiet comes at a heavy price

Warnings: Claims of child abuse, nothing graphic or descriptive

Word Count: 5145

+ I incorporated what you had suggested for the reader but I believe I took it in a different direction than what you were hoping for, if it is not to your satisfaction please request another prompt +

"Damn!"

The blinking lights on the dashboard flashed furiously, alerting the Mandalorian to the dire situation he was in. I mean, don't get me wrong, he already knew he was deep in a Sarlacc Pit. Sweat was clustering upon his brow, jaw clenched, and eyes strained as he focused on handling the Razorcrest away from the-- slightly less famed than him-- Bounty Hunter. Dixon Ferrow, a thick-headed Rodian.

Bam!

Another shot from the Hunter's ship had hit the swerving backside of the pre-Empire spacecraft. A burst of sweet coos filled the air as the green creature that rested in the makeshift container held up its tri-clawed hands.

"Well... at least someone finds this enjoyable," grumbling incomprehensibly the masked man jerked the controls towards a sharp left. A stray bolt from the enemies ship scraping against the already dented and increasingly chipping yellow paint that adorned the sides.

Looking to his monitors he sees a planet, D'Qar, huh out in the Outer Rim already?

But looking closer he sees that large caves and promising craters that would be able to hide the overly large ship. Perfect.

Praying to God for a miracle he started to speed up, wind crashing against the hull making the loose pieces of scrap metal fall off. It was going to be tricky, that was a given but he was a skilled pilot... right?

Jerking the ship to stop and land at the same time to lose the Hunter tailing him the child shot forward, hitting the window with a painful smack. He quickly pulled the large-eared beast and tried to quell the tears that were welling in its obsidian eyes.

 The thunder of the fast Dynamic-Class freighter sped by, quelling the songs of the numerous birds and creatures of the grassland. Small rodent-like mammals run paths long worn down as they try to get away from the masked man's ship.

Holding the child and checking its wrinkly little head he could see the wrinkles start to lessen as the skin started to bulge, a massive knot on the front of its face from the harsh impact o the window. "I should have invested in a seat belt huh."

Little lips started to tremble as the child began to fuss, hiccups starting to sound even with the helmet on. Peering out through the view port he tried to spot the ship, its' red and flat design that will probably haunt him for the nights to come.

Finding that the hum of his enemies ship was gone and that the animals have resumed their squeaking and purring the Mandalorian found it safe enough to tend to the child's injuries. Turning the swivel chair around and retrieving the med-kit that was mostly out of necessary supplies, he wrapped a cold pack around the green beings head.