Royalty

Request: Cannnn I make a request? If so, can you write a oneshot about Mando running into a royal? They don't have to be royalty of any specific planet, you can make one up (cuz u r awesome)! Maybe kinda like how Aladdin met Jasmine? In a town market (primarily empy though, because Mando) and the reader gives some starving kids some food? The rest is up to you! Thank you for your, probably nonexistent cuz you're never gonna read this, time!

Summary: The Princess of Risa wanders around the lesser known parts of the city, handing food to the needy which catches the eye of a certain Mandalorian.

Warnings: None

Word Count: 3886

⚫︎⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚫︎

Waking up to your handmaids opening your velvet red curtains you growl.

"Really, princess why must you be so difficult," Martha-- your caretaker-- scolds you. Her greying hair rests upon her head in a tight knit bun as she looked down at you. Her regal dark blue maid outfit, freshly pressed and pleated made you frown. Your hair was a mess, tangles and a large cow like made you look like a mongrel.

Picking up your head you realize the drool that stained your pillow as you bashfully tried to hide it.

"Princess, no one will marry you if you keep this up-"

"I do as I wish Martha, and it is not like my parents are going to allow me to actually choose who I want to marry," pushing the lush and warm sheets off of your body you swing your legs over the edge. Your bed was twice the size of a king styled bed and your room looked like a living room instead of a bedroom.

"You have several suitors waiting for your hand, my lady. Just take some time and consider them, you already sent the last twenty away," huffing she went to your wardrobe, looking for a gown for the day.

"I prefer it if I dress myself today, I wish to walk around for a bit," shooing her away your feet slap against the cold tile, sending chills up your spine.

"No, I am going to have to put my foot down," glaring at her she continued, "You are spending far too much time goofing around young lady. You need to put some serious thought to your future as Queen."

Giving her a pointed look you pushed her motherly figure towards the door, "I can dress myself, please. Bye!" Slamming the large oak doors with a loud bang, you whip around. Going to your ornate wardrobe.

Picking through your clothes you find a simple brown cloak, it should be enough to hide under. Pilfering through more dresses you try to find simple colors. None of that bright and expensive dresses that scream royalty.

Settling on one of the dark purple dresses you go to your large vanity cabinet. Its large mirror displaying your bed head.

"Oh gosh," grabbing a comb you try to smooth out the best. It took half an hour to style your hair into a loose curls-- which you tried very hard on-- and you swooshed to cloak onto your shoulders.

Slipping on one of thousands of shoes you owned you hurried out your door, looking for any guards roaming about you found none. They should all be in the main meeting hall at this hour along with your mother and father.

With a smile plastered on your face you break out into a sprint, running into the main corridor. Overlooking the grand lake your palace rested against. The elegant stone pillars and archways gave you a regal view of the mountain side as well as the water.

Some handmaids saw you but didn't question you as you ran around, they learned to never try to stop you, you were too stubborn to listen. Your spirited gusto could never be tamed.