Thunderstruck

Summary: In which the Mandalorian is desperate for a miracle as the AT-ST walker does not fall for the trap he and the ex-Shock trooper created, but an unknown savior comes in for the save.

Warnings: None

Word Count: 5010

⚫︎⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚬⚫︎

The night sky rained down upon you as you quietly listened to the peaceful native animals scurry and call out into the silence. These moments of peace were plenty to come by on the forgotten planet of Sorgan was probably the most remote place you could have crash landed on. But after many months you yearned to have company, your thoughts were too loud for their own good.

The glow of the krill always attached you, but when you had showed yourself to the natives after one of their weekly raids they shooed you away; blaming you led those ravagers to their prosperous farm.

Alright, you picked a wrong time to say  'hello', but how had you known they were so hostile towards foreigners.

So you came the next day, explaining your story and asking if they wanted any help in defending themselves against the Tuskans. In which they just shunned you, turning their backs on you as you tried to convince them to let you help them, telling you to go back to the 'city' you came from.

You didn't of course, you were an ex-Royal Guard member looking for refuge in a planet with no large density populations, busy star ports, nor any technologically advancements. Also, your ship was in ruins but let us just say that it was the good in your heart that you did not leave. Plus, you didn't want to retire somewhere that was bustling with life, you were surely being hunted for bounty.

Breathing in a deep breath you closed your eyes. Your 'camp' hung in the trees half a mile away from the village. And each and every raid you were there in the trees, slowly dwindling the despicable ravagers numbers. Those pug faced creatures could not see you as you always put the blaring sun to your back. Even if the Slogan indigenous people did not want you, you still felt the ever impending need to help. 

To try and cleanse your hands of the blood you spilled over and over again.

You were surprised to find that the raiders did not care if their numbers dwindle for they kept coming, over and over taking the krill those farmers worked oh-so-hard to produce. 

Drifting off into your thoughts you began to realize all the monstrous acts you forced upon villages like this one before you. You were there to inslave the population, kill the children and elderly who were to feeble to work with.

But that was back then, time had healed those wounds... didn't it?

Closing your eyes you tried to sleep, waiting for the familiar sounds to lull you into a false peace.

That is until a screeching and revving of an engine shattered the night and probably some trees. Eyes widening you quickly stood up on the large branches of the tree you found yourself settled on. The air was still as the you strained your ears to try and find where the noise had come from...

Crash. Thump, crash, thump, crash, thump.

The sounds were coming and closer, as if it was walking towards your position. What the hell was it?

Hearing hurried footsteps you un-shouldered your highly decked-out LD-1 target blaster rifle, steadying yourself as you peered through the scope. Only to find yourself focused on a man covered in a shinny and reflectived the moons light.