Chapter Eleven

3rd person POV

"Soo..." Chase trailed off, kicking at the ground.

"So?" hazel questioned. She glanced at him then returned her gaze to the ground.

"Wanna tell me why you missed school?" He turned towards her.

Hazel laughed. "You would sound like my dad if he cared about my school attendance."

Chase chuckled.

"And to answer your question, no."

He nodded. He picked up a hand full of small rocks and started throwing them. Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," hazel grinned.

Instead of throwing the rock straight ahead, like he did with the other four he threw three of them at Hazel. Hazel put her hands in front of her face to block them from hitting her. "Stop," she giggled. Chase threw more at her. "You know what?" She reached down and grabbed a handful of pebbles and started throwing some back.

She threw about six of them and only one actually hit him. The pebble hit him in the center of his forehead. "Hey!" He groaned, rubbing his forehead. "They're small but they hurt."

Hazel laughed. "You started it." Chase rolled his eyes. "Can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen." She laughed.

Chase took the opportunity to throw another rock at Hazel. She choked as soon the pebble hit the back of her throat. Chase was laughing until he realized she was actually choking. His eyes widened. "Are you okay?" He asked. She ignored him and continued coughing.  Moments later Hazel coughed up the pebble.

Hazel narrowed her eyes at chase. "You tried to kill me." She breathed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think-" before he could finish his sentence, Hazel threw another pebble. It hit him on his arm. He laughed.

"You're lucky I can't find anymore." Hazel rolled her eyes. They both stopped and laughed.

"Anyways, can ask you something?"

"You just—" Before Hazel could finish her sentence Chase glared at her. "Sure," she smiled.

"Wanna be my date to the coronation?" He asked.

Hazel thought about it for a moment. "Sure"

"Really?" He smiled.

She chuckled, "yeah. Did you think I was going to say no?"

"What? No!" He said. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I've been trying to work up the confidence to ask you for about four days now."

"Wow," Hazel put her hand on her heart as if she was flattered. She scioted closer to chase and the bench and pulled him into a warm embrace.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, now I get a hug."

"Yes, appreciate it." She replied.

He playfully scoffed and hugged her. His hands were wrapped around her neck and her's were around his waist.

About a minute later they awkwardly separated from the hug and stared at each other.

"Well the coronation is in a couple of hours, so I'll meet you at your dorm at seven?" Chase asked, breaking the silence.

She shook her head. "I'll just meet you at yours."

"Alright," he nodded. "I'll see you later?"

Hazel nodded. "Yeah,"
They both stood up, and said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

 "Yeah," They both stood up, and said their goodbyes and went their separate ways