Prologue: A disturbing letter

A/N: Hello! This is just something reaaaallly dumb I came up with when I had too much time to think. I know it's a bit poorly written, but please forgive me, I'm not a native English speaker or a professional writer. Still, I hope you'll enjoy it!

-

Dear Queen Elsa,
The Ovrilonian Empire has an undeclinable offer for you. I'm sending a few of my people to the beautiful kingdom of Arendelle, and by the time you're reading this letter, they already left Ovrilon. Don't worry; I promise no harm will come to you or the people of Arendelle.

Peacefully,
Wulfacar Reeve
King of Ovrilon

Elsa grunted in frustration as she closed the letter and threw it to somewhere less important. What does that barbarian Wulfacar want from me? It's only been a few months since her coronation, and a threat is already rising on the horizon.

Ovrilon's not famous for its peaceful nature, and the letter, which sounded quite hostile to Elsa didn't help at all. Ovrilon is about three days from here if they decide to come on ships, and four on horses. Arendelle probably has less than two days to prepare for the arrival of the not too friendly guests, which is clearly not enough to set all of their defences.

They have three options: one, try to prepare for a fight. Two, leave everything behind and run for their lives. Three, hope that the Ovrilonian king's intentions are peaceful, which is quite unlikely coming from a place that is famous for claiming territories and killing innocent people.

Elsa knows that there's only one trustworthy person in the world who would help her make the decision, and that's her not-so-little sister, princess Anna. The strawberry-blond haired girl is not as mature as the queen herself, but she's definitely better when it comes to figuring out people.

The young queen stood up from her plush chair and made her way towards Anna's bedroom. She knocked, then called out for her sister. "Anna? Are you in there?"

"Just a moment!" After a few moments and some weird sounds, the girl opened the door with a wide smile. "Hi!"

"Hey."

"You're probably here because of the accident. Well, I just wanted to say that it wasn't my fault and-"

Before Anna could continue whatever she's talking about, Elsa cut her off. "What? No, I'm here because I need you to help me with deciding something."

"Ohh!" Anna nervously giggled and let her sister into her room. "Nevermind what I just said. What can I help you with?"

Elsa sighed and let her sister close the door behind her. She walked towards the bed and sat down at the edge with a sad expression on her face. "I received a letter from Ovrilon. They are sending people to Arendelle because of an offer."

"Ovrilon? Do you mean the empire that always attacks other kingdoms?"

"Yes, Anna. And we're their new target, I'm afraid."

"Can I see the letter?"

"I-I left it in my room. But it has nothing important to say, really."

"If it's nothing important, then why do you think it's a threat? I know you want what's the best for Arendelle, but you are probably overthinking. Again."

"I-...Yes, you are probably right." She laughed nervously.

"Ohh, I know I am. But wait...it's almost the middle of the night. You were working until now instead of sleeping, weren't you?"

"Ahem, maybe."

"Elsa, you need to rest."

"But-"

"No buts, Elsie." The queen rolled her eyes at the childish nickname. "Now, get yourself comfortable, you're sleeping here tonight!" How could anyone decline a person like Anna? Elsa thought.

"Okay, okay, I'll stay here with you. But only with one condition." She held up her index finger and her lips curved up into a smile. "What was that accident you were talking about?"