Like father, like daughter

"Elsa?" The blonde's name fell from Cassandra's lips like the softest whisper, knocking at the door of her bedroom with a shaky hand. She wanted to say something to Elsa, anything that came to her mind when the moon appeared on the dark sky along with thousands of stars. As shameful as it can be, she got lost in the Arendellian castle, unable to find Elsa's room for what seemed like hours. But then her eyes caught a glimpse of her angelic body, making her way in the empty hallways towards her bedroom with Cassandra quietly following behind her.

The princess had been standing at the door for an eternity now. She wished to speak to Elsa so badly that she almost forgot to check if everything's alright outside, her mind constantly fixed on the blonde. "Elsa, I-" Her body failed her, voice cracking as she tried to speak but was too afraid of Elsa sending her away. Being a tough warrior always made her appear like a person who's scared of nothing. But now that she wants her precious girlfriend back, the thought of her wish not being granted makes her stomach tighten with worry.

"I know you're in there." She let her hand fall to her side. "I saw you just a moment ago." She gulped, trying to swallow her fear. "But don't worry, I wasn't following you like a creep. I just..." She released a shaky breath, her gaze fixed on the wooden door like she's hoping for Elsa to open it and face her. "I know you're mad at me and you have all the reasons for it." She reached for her clothing, clenching the fabric in her fist. "But I'm sorry, Elsa. I never meant to make you feel like you're just a possession, and I'm ashamed of my little catfight with Honeymaren." She paused for a moment, her entire being shaking. "I understand if you'd prefer to be with her. And I also understand that you were seeking comfort in someone else's arms after I was gone. I didn't if you'd like to know, maybe because I just wasn't interested in anyone but you, even with my memories missing." She bit her lip and shut her eyes tightly, trying to hold back her sorrow.

"Because it's always been you, Elsa. And I don't care if it makes you mad, but you're mine, my Snowflake. Not in an owning way like you think. It's just that..." She swallowed a painful lump in her throat as her eyes began to water. "We're in this together, and your pain is mine, too, just like your joy and happiness. If someone hurts you, they also hurt me, because it's not about you or me. It's about us." Cassandra pressed her forehead against the wooden door as a tear slipped from both of her eyes, rolling down her cheek and leaving a watery path behind.

"I don't care about what Honeymaren said, about you screaming her name last night, no matter how hard I want it to be a lie. I'm not flawless either, and you know that. I wouldn't care even if you had a thousand lovers, because you would still be my darling Snowflake." She sobbed and gently slammed her first against the door. "But even if I'm not the best person, I love you, Elsa! Go ahead, think that I'm an idiot, but I always did, and always will. You showed me so many things and made me feel like nobody else in the world could. You feel like home, something I never had."

"You don't have to forgive me." She paused when she heard a sound from Elsa's room, but quickly faded in the night until her ears heard nothing once again. "I just wanted you to know that it was worth it, even if now it hurts. We had something truly amazing, because...because you are amazing! I mean, have you ever seen a woman so beautiful you started crying? Because if not, I suggest you take a good look at yourself in a mirror." She chuckled a little, but the pain was still there. "Of course, you're not just beautiful and amazing. You are also smart, kind and caring, loved by everyone. And when I saw you with your hair down? Oh gods, I almost fainted! You looked so different. I loved my blushing, stuttering, sheepish, awkward Snowflake, but I love my free, confident, stubborn, brave, still blushing and rarely stuttering awkward Elsa even more."

She pushed herself away from the door and wiped her tears away, taking one last look at the closed door. "So thank you, Elsa. For everything." Cassandra smiled weakly, her heart bittersweetly aching as she sniffed. "I'm not sure if this is how Anna said it and I probably sound terrible, but...do you wanna build a snowman?"