The price

-Half-year after Frozen II-

Queen Anna of Arendelle. She had to admit; it sounds quite lovely. As the new queen, she has tons of duties, and the daily visiting of the village is one of them. The people seemed to enjoy having the newly crowned queen around them, even if she doesn't have ice powers like her sister. But Anna is a good person; she rules with kindness, just like her parents and sister did. And then there's Kristoff, who would do anything to help his wife.

Even the sun seemed to shine brighter as the cold winter finally ended and almost everyone was outside, even the Queen herself. For once, she finally has some time to spend with her beloved people. The paperwork could wait. She proudly watched her kingdom blossoming as she visited almost all the shops, only stopping when someone - usually the children - wanted to say something nice to her.

There was only one place that she hasn't seen yet, and it's probably the best of all — the chocolate shop. She let the sweet fragrance of freshly made chocolate tickle her nose, mouth already watering. She's been waiting for a treat all day. After all, she's doing a damn good job as ruler; she deserves it.

She let the delicious smell guide her into the shop, her body almost moving against her will. The door opened, and the bell rang, revealing a lovely place. "Good day! Ahh, our beautiful queen! What can I do for your majesty?" Anna smiled as the shopkeeper welcomed her warmly. The kindness of her people always made her heart flutter.

"Hello, just the usual." Said the Queen as she wandered into the shop further, the hardwood of the floor creaking under her feet.

"A box of dark and another box of milk chocolate for the Queen herself is on its way!" The owner disappeared at the back of the shop, divided by nothing but a single curtain. Within just a few moments, he came back with Anna's orders. "There you go, my Queen! Enjoy!"

"Thank you!" Anna took a few coins from her pocket and put it on the table, just before turning around to leave. She heard the shopkeeper lift the curtain and talk to somebody, which seemed quite strange because Anna always thought he worked alone.

Maybe it's not too ladylike to eavesdrop, especially when it comes to the Queen, but Anna couldn't help it, so she stayed and listened to the strange conversation. "Gods! How many times I told you to take those off!" He yelled at the other person. "Why the fuck are you wearing those stupid gloves, huh?! Isn't it warm enough for you here?! Or are you afraid of something?!"

"No! It's just that-" The person had a deep, yet soft female voice that sounded quite familiar to Anna's ears. She walked a few steps closer, slowly, so they can't hear as she hid her body behind the curtain.

The woman didn't have a chance to finish as the owner cut her off. "I'm not telling you again! Take the damn gloves off before you ruin something!"

"You shouldn't talk to your worker like that!" Anna said, interrupting the conversation between the two people as she pushed the curtain away. The worker stood with her back turned to the Queen, head lowered to the ground. "And besides, if she wants to wear gloves, then-"

Time stopped for a moment when the worker turned around, revealing their looks to the Queen of Arendelle. Her heart skipped a beat, and her eyes widened, mouth hanging open. That hair, those eyes and tall frame. Could it be? But...she's dead! Anna gasped immediately, failing to finish her sentence.

-

It was a fine day, even in the Enchanted Forest. A certain platinum blonde-haired woman found peace under a tree as she turned the page of the book in her pale hands. She's not the Queen of Arendelle anymore, so lazy days like this became quite usual. Sometimes she just sat in the grass, gazing at the blue sky that reminded her of her mother's eyes. Other times, she went back to Arendelle to help her sister or build an ice rink for the children. This was her life now,  and she enjoyed it more than she expected. It was quite strange at first, but it gave her freedom and independence, which she yearned for years.