Care

Only the sounds of the Queen and her sister walking back and forth could be heard from outside the door, while inside, the doctors did everything they could to save Cassandra's life. The last few hours we're terrible. The guards found the princess laying outside the gates, barely alive. They took her inside the castle and began seeking medical assistance. Elsa's mind raced with thousands of negative thoughts, and the fact that she's starting to care about the Ovrilonian didn't help at all. When Kai told her that Cass got injured, she wanted to scream and destroy every object insight with her powerful magic. And she didn't know why. After all those days, she's still just a mysterious person, and yet, the queen's thoughts are quite often yearning for the warrior.

Elsa inhaled sharply, trying to regain her composure. Anna was even worse than her. Unlike her sister, Anna is more of an impatient person. "This is ridiculous! They've been inside the room for more than an hour!" Anna said, pacing back with folded arms. Being scared of losing Cassandra might sound a bit weird for Anna. But it wasn't because of herself or the princess. It was for Elsa. Anna's desire to see her sister as a happy person is stronger than anything in the entire world.

"I hope she's okay." Elsa murmured, almost a whisper that left her pink lips. If Cassandra dies because she wanted to save the queen of Arendelle's life...No, she can't die! The knot in her stomach became tighter. Just be okay, please. Her worrying was a surprise, even for her. Cassandra would have died for her, and it made her heart throb with a bittersweet ache. And what she's able to provide for the crown princess in return? In need of one sacrificing herself, would she do the same for her? Maybe she's not that stubborn.

The sound of people talking behind closed doors can be heard, and suddenly the entrance opens, revealing two doctors and a nurse. Without thinking, Elsa began questioning the good doctors, in the hope of Cassandra still being alive. "What happened? Is the princess, alright?"

The doctors' gaze met with a questioning look, then one of them finally spoke, giving the royalties the long-awaited answers. "Princess Cassandra got stabbed and poisoned, your majesty. She lost too much blood, and the shot that was meant for you contained poison. We gave her an antidote and stopped the bleeding, but still, we're lucky if she'll ever open her eyes again. I'm sorry, my queen."

The bad news hit her like a bucket of cold water. "I-I..." Elsa's whole body shook and no, still not from the cold. She knew Cassandra is a tough woman, but how strong a person can be in such an unfortunate life situation? She bit her trembling lip, holding back her emotions. Conceal, don't feel. "Can we see her?" She asked, afraid of losing the person she's caring about more and more with each faithful day.

"Of course, your majesty. She's still unconscious, and her body temperature is rather high. If the poison or even the wound doesn't kill her, then the temperature will." What they feared might now become real. Turning to face her sister, Anna put a comforting hand in the older woman's shoulder. The young queen smiled at the princess weakly, reaching up to gently rest her hand on top of hers.

"Ohh...umm..." Elsa swallowed, the knot in her stomach twisting like a snake around its prey, worrying if she can tell the doctors about the princess' powers. "That's normal for her."

"Ahh, I see." Compared to the queen's lower body temperature, Cassandra's is not a big surprise. "Well, our job is done here, then. I'll be coming back tomorrow morning to check on her. All she needs is resting; our nurse will keep an eye on her. Until then, your majesties." The doctors bowed to the royalties, then left, leaving the two women and the nurse alone.

Anna sighed. "So...you're going in now?"

Elsa nodded, delicate hands gesturing towards the door. "Yes, Anna. Don't you want to come with me?"