Dreams to be lost

Roman walked through the street,"another dream crushed."he mumbled.he had just auditioned for a play and hasn't been called back,as he walked through the alley he saw a trash can move slightly.he stopped and walked closer,it's lid was off and something was inside.then,a black cat jumped out with a thrown away burger.it's coat was short and was the color of ink and shadows,it's eyes were the colors of a twilight and it wore a necklace of the moon."he buddy."Roman whispered sitting down,the cat hissed and reared it's back"you look a little hungry,that burger could make you sick."Roman said taking out some bread"have this."the cat gave a quizzical look before taking a step closer,it's pupils taking up most the color in it's eyes.the cat sniffed the bread and quickly bit it out of Roman's hand before running off,Roman sighed as he sat up.as he got up he saw the shadow of the cat in the darkness,he pretended not to notice him as he putted more bread down and waited.after about half a hour the cat finality took a step out the shadows,it's eyes paced through the area before it dropped down from it's trash can and onto the cold cement"hungry?"Roman asked making the cat glare up at him"take as much as you want."he invited,the cat then grabbed two pieces of bread and looked and Roman"go on,maybe we'll meet again."Roman whispered.the cat then turned and ran away"cute cat."Roman mumbled before walking home.