Kindness and compassion

Virgil walked through the streets with Logan,making sure to stay in the dark.Virgil then caught scent of something.he poked his head out the alley and so did Logan"Virgil,do you smell what I'm smelling?"Virgil doubted it,this smell was of the man he saw in the alley"probably not,you?"he asked sniffing the air"that man with the glasses I bet,"Logan then took in a breath"he always smells like cookies."he mumbled with a ghost of a smirk"you sure you're not smelling cookies,Logan?"logan took a step out the shadows"no,this is a different kind of cookie smell.."Virgil could barely understand his brother sometimes.then he heard someone"kitty's!"logan was about to sprint forward if Virgil didn't grab his collar before he took a step,the brothers hissed at each other before they went silent and peaked out the alley.the man in the glasses was back,this time with the man that gave Virgil bread,virgil watched the man who had some bread in his hands. Virgil remembered how delicious the bread was and was tempted to walk out,then he saw Logan walk out instead.virgil knew his brother must've gone mad,but the glasses man just stopped and smiled at Logan"this is the cat I was talking about,Roman!"he then sat down.the man that gave Virgil bread sat next to the glasses,the glasses man held out a hand and petted Logan.the cat sat down and leaned into the touch"hey,kitty."the man whispered"my friend met another cat that looks like you,have you seen him?"logan looked up at patton then back at Virgil shoot!virgil thought as the men looked in that direction"he's over there?"The man asked,Virgil took a step back and got ready to scratch them."Patton,that cat was skittish when I met him..maybe you should stay quiet."Patton nodded as Logan took another step closer"Virgil,they've come to help us!"he purred excitedly,Virgil then hissed"Logan!get over here,we need to stay together!"the men must've heard Virgil since the one with bread stood up and took a step forward.he sat front of the dark alley and stared intently before he began to speak"hey,I know you're scared.."Virgil's ear flicked but he didn't look up"but me and Patton want to help you.."Virgil then looked up,the man had reddish brown hair with emerald green eyes.Virgil felt his hair stand slightly but to a step forward"hey,kitten.how are you?"Virgil felt like the nickname kitten was rude but hearing it from the man made him step into the light"you seem like you could use some food."the man remarked throwing some bread at Virgil's paws.Virgil took a bite and swallowed"we haven't exchanged names yet,I'm Roman."Virgil sat down and mewed"what's yours?"Virgil then turned his head and saw the box,he mewed at Roman before sprinting into the box and getting his jacket.he cane back with the jacket and gave it to Roman"where did you get this?"he mumbled before looking at the back"'property of Virgil Moore.'I guess your Virgil then?"Roman joked"yes!you big idiot!"Virgil hissed making Roman smirk"alright,Virgil.who's that?"then pointed at Logan. Virgil thought for a moment before seeing some wet cemented,he got up and drew Logan in the cement,Roman gapped at this and mumbled"clever cat."Patton then stood up"wow!he's so pretty!"Virgil hissed at Patton making the man giggle"but,what are we going to do with them?"Patton asked. Roman looked at Virgil and asked"how do you feel with apartments?"Virgil growled slightly before patton picked up Logan"Roman?can they stay with us?"Virgil then turned to the cement before drawing where my brother goes,I go.just,don't pick me up. Patton and Roman stared at it for a moment in amazement ,Roman then nodded"agreed."then began walking with Patton. Virgil ran at Patton's feet and kept a eye on Logan who looked in a new world in Patton's arms,Virgil grumbled and looked behind him at Roman."don't try anything,pretty boy."he muttered.