Kindness and logic don't mix

Logan walked through the streets calmly,he had just successfully stolen two hotdogs from a stranger and was now making his way to the box.as he walked he saw a man,his eyes were blue like his shirt and he wore a cardigan over his shoulders and his hair was a dirty blonde.the man looked at Logan and immediately stopped"hey kitty,you lost?"he chirped holding out his hand and squatting down,Logan letted out a small hiss"take your time,no one's going anywhere."he said,Logan looked into the eyes of the man and tilted his head"my name is Patton,Patton kindly."(I'm trying to be original here!)logan took another step and licked Patton's hand with a purr,Patton smiled and petted the cat."now,you seem like a vary logical soul.you must've been here for a while."logan blinked"I can help you,give you a home.would you like that?"logan opened his mouth then heard Virgil"Logan!"he hissed making him turn around,Virgil's purple eyes shined through the shadows distrustfully."I understand,you aren't ready to leave.maybe you have a friend or a family,when ever your ready-come by here.i walk here daily."logan looked up at patton as he stood up and walked away"Logan,are you ok?"Virgil asked crawling out the shadows"I'm-fine-Virgil."Logan said shaking his head"did you see that human?"logan asked as he turned to Virgil to see him with bread at his paws"yeah...what about him?"logan looked to the ground"h-he was so nice.is he the kindness we've been looking for?"Virgil flicked his tail"kindness and compassion are just stupid jokes the dragon witch said to keep our hopes up,kindness doesn't exist.same for compassion!"logan looked at the bread"how did you get that food?"he asked,Virgil hesitated"a man gave it to me." Logan's eyes widened"you met compassion!what else could give you food?"Virgil growled under his breath and ate some bread before running off"c'mon,unlike you,I don't believe in foolish stories."he hissed.