07 | scarred entertainments

.

Chapter Seven

.

A few days passed. Zach didn't bring up what happened at the night of my birthday and I couldn't bring it up, even if I wanted to.

The birthday present that he gave to me consisted of a small blue diary with a velvet cover and an expensive necklace that had blue and white stones embedded in it. The necklace was way too expensive for me so I had snuck into his room that night and left it on his nightstand.

He didn't mention anything about it either.

Today, thankfully, is the weekend. Waking at five in the morning is tiring and for once, I could wake up late.

Zach had been impressed by my work as his assistant and he would give me small compliments. Considering that he never gave compliments, 'Miss Sallow, the reports were better than before' was a compliment.

I have to go to a club with Julie tonight and I am quite nervous. Zach wouldn't mind, would he? I shouldn't even care about that.

I wake up at two in the afternoon. I then take a long refreshing shower using those fruit-flavoured fancy bath bombs. I then change into a comfortable pair of shorts and a sleeveless blouse, not caring about the scars exposed.

I always knew that I shouldn't be ashamed of my scars but I couldn't bring myself to expose them. However, today I am feeling more confident.

Zach has seen them anyway. And if doesn't like my body, then so be it. I don't give a damn about him, or anyone liking my scars or not.

Sighing, I make my way downstairs. The sweet aroma of chocolate makes my mouth water and I almost run to the kitchen. I smile at the sight of the chocolate cake sitting in the middle of the table.

"Good morning, Miss Sallow," Lily greets me and I give her a huge grin. She chuckles and says, "help yourself."

Smiling like an idiot, I grab a plate and cut myself a piece of cake before stuffing it into my mouth. I refrain myself from moaning aloud. It is so delicious.

Suddenly, a huge thud makes me jump. A series of profanities follows next. I, along with Lily, hurry to find the source. Once we're at the foot of the staircase, I gasp at the sight.

Zach is on the ground, cursing at the stair. I silently laugh at the sight while Lily tries to contain her laughter. Zach turns to face me and gives a death glare. That makes me laugh even harder.

However, all of us freeze when a weird voice comes from my throat, like a small 'ha'. My laughter dies down. Did I... did I just make a noise? My heart beats wildly and I take some steps back before completely turning around and walking wherever my feet take me.