25 | scarred all over

.

Chapter Twenty-five

.

In her teenage days, Ella had read quite a few new-adult books where the main lead would die of car accidents and while some of them made her cry, she actually found some frustrating.

After everything they had gone through together, why would something so bad happen? It was just.. unfair. Unfair to the characters and their love, she'd think.

Ella didn't change from her PJs, she dashed outside her apartment she had rent a day earlier. Ella had decided she couldn't live in Robert's house.

She couldn't care about the rat nest on her head that was her hair, or the fact that she had left the door to her apartment open. Her heart had never beaten as fast as it did then.

No, it can't be. It can't be. It can't be. She kept chanting on her head, all the way to the hospital. But it had.

Not him.

Her mind drifted back to when they first met. The star quarterback had hit poor Ella right in the face with the ball, unknowingly of course.

That day was crystal clear to Ella. She had been secretly crushing over the chocolate colour haired boy for so long. He had finally noticed her.

Ella rushed to the reception. The receptionist looked at Ella with suspicious eyes, staring at her from head to toe.

After all, this was quite a big hospital for billionaires and she didn't exactly look like she fit there with her flimsy PJs and flip flops.

"Zachary Kane, which room is he in?" Ella was hyperventilating, but she stayed strong.

"Who are you to him, miss? I'm afraid, I can only-" the receptionist was cut off when Ella almost yelled.

"I'm his wife! Tell me, which room is he in?"

Taken by surprise, the receptionist looked at Ella's ring finger and there truly was quite an expensive diamond ring for a woman like her.

Ella was tapping her finger on the table furiously, she was feeling weird. Bad weird. Her intuition said something bad was about to happen.

Ella chose to ignore it.

After searching through, the receptionist finally opened her mouth.

"217 A."

Just as the words left her mouth, she flew to the elevator. After getting inside a packed elevator, Ella couldn't help but feel the dread.

He was fine a week ago. The night they shared in each other's embrace, Ella reminisced it, her eyes were starting to fill with moisture.

The elevator door opened and Ella sprinted outside, searching for the room here and there until a familiar form caught her eye.