23 | scarred again

.

Chapter Twenty-three

.

I felt hot all over. Zach continued nipping on my neck until he started moving down. His muscled body was hard, really hard and I felt every singly inch of it pressing down on me.

"Have I mentioned how much I love these scars?"

I gasp when he sucks on the skin between the valley of my breasts. I arch my back, pushing against his body for something. Anything.

"Quite a few times, actu- ahh." I throw my head back.

"And," he raises his head to look at me and leans down to kiss my lips delicately, "why is that?"

"Because- oh, God," I moan when he dips his head down and sucks on my neck again, I tug on his hair. My other hand explores his torso, the muscles ripple beneath my hand with his every move.

"I-it shows how strong I am," I breath out.

"Seven years," he continues his sweet assault on my neck, "seven fucking years and I couldn't get my mind off you, Ella," he breaths out before resuming.

"Do you know how much I missed you? Even after what you did to me?"

Silence falls over us. Breathing heavily, Zach looks down at me and I wait for him to speak further. My heart thuds in excitement.

"My heart never stopped beating for you. Every fucking day, Ella," his voice is a whisper but I hear it well. I surprise him when I raise my head and kiss his lips ferociously. Trust him to do that to me.

And, to my poor heart.

Zach replies by kissing me with the same ferocity. Teeth and lips, our tongues battled for dominance until I let him take the control. I feel something in me, something I hadn't felt in a long time. Not just the butterflies in my stomach.

The way Zach gives me his attention, the way he kisses me, I actually feel loved, for once.

You love him, don't you?

I push my inner voice at the back of my head and moan in pleasure as Zach continues to worship my body. I feel like a queen, his kisses make me feel confident. Not insecure anymore.

My scarred body that I had grown to hate, I didn't hate it anymore. I feel strong. Scratch that, actually. Zach made me feel strong.

"Zach," I gasp loudly when I feel Zach's lips in parts I had never been touched before. Except if you count Robert.

I tense under Zach. Zach unlowers his head in confusion. Suddenly, I find myself not looking at the beautiful green eyes but black demonic ones.

No.

Zach's face morphs into Robert's before my eyes. I let out a shriek and scoot back, breathing faster than ever.

"Don't touch me, please," I breath out. He reaches out to me. Robert- Zach, whoever it is. My vision blurs and I struggle to breathe. I continue to scoot backwards until I'm leaning against the headboard.

I hold my nightwear to my chest, trying to hide my body from his view. I am trembling, my mouth does dry and I shut my eyes tightly.

"Breathe," I hear a soft voice above me. With eyes still shut tightly, I try to do that. Inhale, exhale. It's painful but I can do it.

I feel a hand grabbing my arms so I jerk away.

"It's Zach, Ella. Zach would never hurt you," he says each word clearly as if I was a child. Softly. Calmly. I open my eyes and look at him. It is Zach. I breathe a sigh of relief.

I look at his eyes, struggling to breathe. This time when he touches my arm, I don't flinch. But my heart rate strikes up and his face turns into one of deep concern.

"I'm going to hug you now, okay?" Zach asks for permission, his eyes soft.

I don't reply for a while, just look at him. Look at his chest heaving up and down, I try to do the same. Breathe. Then, I nod my head.

Zach pulls me into his lap and I remain stiff as a stick. He runs his hand down my back and I slowly start to relax under his touch. Until I'm completely curled into him.

Now, the fear evaporates but guilt and embarrassment seep in. I remain to bury my head in Zach's chest, unable to look at him in the eye.

"It's okay sweetheart, do you want to go to sleep now?"

I nod my head in his chest, I'm thankful that he doesn't ask me anything. I hate confrontations. But there's a thought in my head, I feel bad because I couldn't be normal. Zach deserved more than a dysfunctional girl.

All thoughts leave my brain when Zach lays us down and pulls me to him. Our legs tangle and he pulls me so close, I feel every inch of him against me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper softly. Zach snores in reply, he's already asleep. I close my eyes and do the same. Relishing at the moment, relishing the way Zach's arms feel around me.

Did I get the happily ever after I always needed?

I guess I did.

. . .

To hell with happily ever after. I stood in the foot of the staircase and watched the scene before me, each second becomes painful than the last. All my senses become numb.

I woke up to an empty bed. Last night's memories come flashing back to my head and I grin. If it is meant to be, it will be.

I heard Zach's voice so I left my bed and skipped down the stairs, in ecstasy. And now I am, in the foot of the stairs, with my hand over my mouth to stifle any kind of noise, be it a sob or a gasp.

In front of me is Scarlet. And her lips are over Zach's. They are sat on the couch, Scarlet is straddling Zach.

It takes time to sink.

Zach and Scarlet are kissing.

Not wasting a single minute, I dash upstairs and start packing my suitcase. Tears blur my vision and I wipe them angrily. I had no reason to cry, it was he who lost someone loving, caring and loyal.

To hell with happily ever after.

.

Unedited.

[Next chapter in Zach's point of view

[Next chapter in Zach's point of view.]