14 | scarred blushes

.

Chapter Fourteen

.

The day went surprisingly great. However, the white heels were killing my feet by the evening. But other than that, I enjoyed my wedding, even though it was fake, very much. The pain killers were doing their work well, my back felt fine.

So, I didn't mind Zach's hand on my waist.

Of course, I knew that he was just putting up a show. With occasional forehead kisses and small smiles now and then, a girl can only take so much.

I ended up feeling butterflies on my stomach all through the day. Maybe that was the major reason why I enjoyed.

Zach, however, had that distant look in his face when he saw the happiness on his mother's face and to be honest, I felt guilty too. Natalie told him how his father would be proud if he had seen us together again and I couldn't help but think about what had happened.

I remember Zach's dad very well, he was a sweet and caring man. He would always yell at Zach for not caring about me much. I loved his family.

The thought of his death had brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them away. The urge to comfort Zach was too high, they had such a great bond.

After bidding everyone goodbye, we went 'home'. I was extremely happy to be in Zach's house rather than my own, due to obvious reasons. I was glad I would never have to be with Robert again, though I didn't know what it said in the contract.

Can Zach terminate the contract?

Anyway, I am taken to Zach's room by Lily and she seems happy for me. She couldn't stop congratulating. If she only knew.

It was eight in the night and my heart couldn't stop beating wildly. I was going to share a bed with Zach and I tried my best to not let my mind go wild. No, no, not that kind of wild. Dear God.

I seriously need to take a very long shower to clear and clean my mind.

My bags were already delivered to my room. The closet, surprisingly, was filled with clothes already and they were familiar. I remember seeing some of them in the closet of the room I was given before.

I took out a pair of very simple pair of black underwear (I am trying to make a point here) and the PJs before stepping inside the bathroom.

I look at my anxious face in the mirror before sighing. I try to reach the zipper of the dress on my back but fail to do so. Grumbling under my breath, I try it again and again but fail miserably.

I hear the door to our room open and then shut.

Desperately hoping that it is Lily and not Zach, I open the door but my breath is stuck on my lungs when I see it's Zach.