24 | scarred ache- Z a c h

.

Chapter Twenty-four

.

Z A C H

I snuggle my nose into the pillow. Even though the smell had now gone faint, it was still there. Call me a creep, I don't care, I was downright addicted to this smell.

Just the fruity smell, not her. Not her warm smile, not her doe-like grey eyes, not her heart that was made of gold, not her beautiful curves. Nope, I wasn't addicted to any of it.

I didn't even remember much of her.

Maybe it was because of the fact that this little minx (who didn't, perhaps, know how much of a temptress she was) had trust issues, even though I hadn't touched a single girl for seven fucking years.

Yet I find myself reminiscing the moments we had. It had been seven days, seven fucking days, and I was starting to lose my brain. My heart would squeeze painfully every now and then, it was annoying. Really.

And no, let me repeat myself, I wasn't addicted to her.

Well, my blood had frozen when I had come to serve her breakfast in bed, which I thought would be romantic. It took me an hour to realize that she was truly gone because I kept telling myself she wouldn't leave me(again) and maybe she was taking a shower.

Or strolling through the gardens. Or baking cakes. Something. Anything. I was in pure denial.

The moment I found out, I had called her, of course. And she had replied with, and I quote 'I don't want to talk to you anymore Zachary. Go fuck yourself'.

Not exactly explanatory as to why she was acting this way. Her voice was a bit hoarse and she was sniffing, she had been crying. I tried calling her a hundred times after that until I saw something.

A small paper sitting at my nightstand. It said-

I understand you have your needs, Zach. Sorry I couldn't fulfil them, with the panic attack and all. But maybe you could have been a little more discreet? And should've mentioned that we weren't exclusive or anything.

I was confused, of course. But then it hit me, she had seen Scarlet and me. I almost gag at the memory of the taste of Scarlet's lipstick.

How dare she do that to my Ella? She had knowingly came that day, to break us. No matter how stupid her plan sounded, it had worked. I have never felt this urge to punch a girl before, I swear.

I don't think staying here is the best idea anymore. I want to start fresh, I'm done with this cruel world, Zachary. Love hurts. Anyways, I hope you find someone who will treat you better than you treated me.

Love,
Ella

From her handwriting and from the fact that the paper was crumpled (I was surprised she hadn't ripped it into shreds), I could say she was really angry.

And as flattering as her jealousy was, I felt disappointed. Upset. How could she not trust me? The least she could do was hear me out.

Especially when I made it sure that I needed nobody but her.

For God's sake, I hadn't even thought, let alone touched, another girl since her!

After that, my ego got the best of me. So, I let her be, hoping her to call me back. Stupid hopes, like Ella, used to say.

She never called back and I was left in my misery. She really got over me. She left me over a misunderstanding. And that painful feeling in my heart started getting more annoying.

And now, here I am, convincing myself that I wasn't addicted to Ella at all. I really wasn't!

Maybe I was acting a bit immature. But so was she. My phone ringed and I grumbled before picking it up.

"What," I replied but it came as a bark. I could hear the breathing on the other sound getting heavier.

"Mr Kane, sir, I found out where.. Mrs Kane is living."

"Text me the address, Andrew. Now."

"Yes si-," I hung up on him and got up to shower, I couldn't lose any time but I hadn't showered in quite a long time.

Because you spent all day in bed and kept smelling her pillow, you creep.

I had to be the mature one in this relationship, as it seems.

Changing into my best pair of casual clothes, I rushed downstairs with my car keys in my hand.

If Ella won't hear me out, I'll force her into hearing me out. Because I certainly am not at fault and I fucking don't want to lose her again.

I start the engine of my car and drive past the gates. She can't leave me again, not when I know she still likes me. Or shall I say, loves me. The 'love hurts' part of her angry note was etched into my brain.

Who was I kidding, I had never stopped loving her.

I was, in fact.. addicted to her.

She can't 'fulfil' my needs, she says. I was going to show exactly how she could do that and oh, she would love every single second of it. Just wait, Ella.

My phone dings, it was Ella's address perhaps. With a hand on my steering wheel, I drive through the busy road. I use my other hand to unlock my phone and look at the message.

Until my car halts. I hear a loud 'BOOM' and feel an unbearable pain on my head before I am thrown forward.

Everything after that is a blur until consciousness leaves me and darkness prevails.

The last thought in my head is of Ella.

.

unedited.