11 | scarred agony

.

Chapter Eleven

.

"I asked her, not you, Zachary," the guy spits back with the same intensity, not backing down. So they know each other. My eyes move from Zach to the new guy. The new guy stands up to intimidate Zach but he isn't able to because Zach easily towers over him.

Zach chuckles coldly.

"She's mute. She can't fucking speak."

My heart stops. He didn't, he didn't just say it. He realizes his mistake as soon as the words leave his mouth but the damage is already done. Zach looks at me and I see guilt spreading there, in his eyes.

The new guy looks taken aback. He turns to look at him and for a minute, I think he is going to walk away. A mute girl isn't worth a fight, yeah?

No.

He looks back at Zach and laughs mockingly.

"So?"

Now it's Zach's turn to look at him with wide eyes. I'm sure my eyes are wide too.

The new guy turns around and holds his hand out.

"I'm sure miss Sallow won't mind joining me for a drink." The event is about to start. I feel Zach's eyes burning holes in the side of my head when I slip my hand in his and stand up.

I don't meet Zach's gaze at all. Instead, we walk to the fancy bar at the corner. I feel his eyes all the way. I desperately hope that I won't regret it.

Once we're seated on the barstool, I point the fruit juice and the bartender gets what I want. The new guy orders for himself too.

"I am Paul," the new guy introduces himself before running his hands through his blonde hair. I pass him a polite smile. As attractive as he is, I don't feel anything like I do with Zach.

To be honest, I never felt any attraction towards any males other than Zach or well, the celebrities.

"I wish I knew your name too," he mumbles before sipping on his drink. I do the same. My eyes find the green ones in a distance and I see Scarlet on Zach's arms.

"You can write your name, right?"

I nod my head and pass Paul a small smile again. He asks the bartender for a napkin and takes out a fancy looking pen with diamonds and I look at it in shock.

How wealthy is this guy?

I scribble down my name and he reads it aloud.

"Well, I run a graphic design company, Finian Inc.," he introduces himself and I find myself getting interested. I always wanted to be a designer myself.