Graduation

The end is near, I can feel it in my bones when I woke up this morning.

Something is going to happen. But it's probably not as important as me turning eighteen.

Once I turn eighteen I will be able to smell out my mate even if it could take years, a werewolf is always at its best with their mate by their side. Even if I don't find one right away, I'll always remain hopeful.

Is it too much to ask to send me a decent man or woman as my mate? Maybe just someone who won't reject me? Please!

Graduation is today and even if I don't have the luck to find my mate, at least I will have graduated at the top of my class.

Maybe, and this is if my mate doesn't reject me, I'll be a good Beta for my pack. But right now, I'm not so certain.

Only hours until I can find my mate. Only hours until I know what it's like to possibly find someone.

Or maybe it will be that I will reject them? Look at what happened with Adam! My poor friend so lifeless and still on the hospital bed and Laney not too far behind him in the other infirmary on the east side of the packhouse. She too, like Adam, has been hospitalized since day one.

It's not easy but they both will survive. I just hope Adam isn't the one who has to leave.

My one fear is being rejected by someone meant to love me. Even knowing that it could happen, either way, most likely they'll reject me, I feel stupid enough to believe in a dream.

The dream of a soulmate.

"We have to go, honey!" My knocks twice and waltz's into my room with a glare. "Why are you taking so long, I already did your hair and makeup!" She complains and obviously doesn't see me trying to stick my other leg through the dress she wants me to wear.

It's dark red and it hugs every curve of my body it feels too tight and it feels like I can't bend over without showing my expansive ass!

"Jeez!" I sigh and she helps me by jumping up with me and pulling the dress up. "Friggin Ay!" I sigh and slip my arms through the long sleeves.

At least those fit without feeling like they are going to burst at the seams.

"Hey!" She snaps at me with a quick glare.

"Mom!" I sigh. "That was not profanity."

"Why are you flustered?" She asks in a softer tone but what the hell do I say?

Get ready, mom! I'm going to puke on my new dress!

I'm so nervous and utterly exhausted from finals but I know I'll finish on top. At least when it comes to school I don't have to worry... Well, I don't need to worry about my grades but bullies?
That's a whole other nightmare.

"Because," I begin adjusting the dress. "I hate my body!" I snap and sigh for full effect and she laughs.

Of course, she does!

"It's so funny to me that you only see what you want to see about yourself." She shakes her head and stops laughing as her eyes look me over. "You are a beautiful woman now," She smiles approaching. "You have everything a woman would kill for, baby!" She shakes her head and I scoff and shake mine.

"Well," I sigh looking in the mirror. "You have some vision, mom!" I sigh.

She's my mother, she loves me. It's almost in her freakin job description to tell me I'm beautiful.

I'm not ugly, even I know that; it's just simple math. I see my body and see the bodies of women who have 'ideal' bodies and I know for a fact that I am not in that field.