ᔕEᐯEᑎ

~New chapter~

2015
Thor insisted you come visit Asgard. A celebration was being held after succeeding to save Sokovia.

But this chapter doesn't tell the story of you attending this Asgardian party.

You were back on Earth, tracking down the VahKrees.
Long story-short; Odin (Loki actually, but you didn't know) told you specifically not to touch the cool-looking box in the corner of the Throne room. You did anyway and it released the VahKrees.

They're in the form of pitch black shadows and move super fast!
They have the ability to draw blood though, feisty little buggers they are!

You didn't know where you were right now, all you knew what was that you're close by them and it's possible this could take a while.....

Very carefully, you lifted the latch of the giant window and swung into the apartment.

I saw it come in here. I know it!

There were three VahKrees and two came in here. You didn't worry about the third one, while they're on their own, they're weaker.

It was the middle of the day when you searched through the apartment, trying to catch a glimpse of a dark shadow.

Good thing the owner of this apartment is gone. For now.

Now, where are these little buggers? Come on, don't be-

You were suddenly taken from your thoughts as the apartment's door swung open.
You hardly had any time to hide!

Out of instinct, you quickly ducked behind the coffee table.

You heard no footsteps or movements, but the owner of the apartment ticked their tongue and sighed.

"I can see you".

I know that voice?
Is that......no. It can't be.

You bopped your head up, revealing just your eyes.

Everything inside you fell when your eyes laid upon the owner of the apartment.

"James!"

You shot yourself up and jumped on the spot.

But out of fright from your sudden reaction, he held that damned gun at you!

"Woah, woah, woah. Ok, ok".

You held your flat palms up before James as he glared at you with fierceness in his blue piercing eyes.

"James what're you doing? It's me, Y/N".

"How did you get here!?"

He growled, jolting the gun toward you as yelling.

"Ugh, what is wrong with you? It's me!"

"Shut up and answer the question!"

Why can't he remember me? Is he just being cautious that I might be.....oh snap! I forgot about HYDRA! That whole time I was doing all this super hero stuff off-world and I completely forgot about my first enemy!!

"Alright, gosh".

You went on.

"I'm trying to capture the VahKrees because it's my fault they escaped from Asgard. So Odin's trying to teach me a lesson not to touch things that aren't mine, that's why I'm here. The VahKrees fled to wherever this place is. I swear I'm telling the truth!"

There was silence.

"Sounds like some bullshit to me".

"It's not! And now they're further away from me because of you".

James didn't understand why you had the confidence to speak to him with so much attitude and sass.
He didn't understand why you thought you knew him when he had no clue who you were. And he genuinely had no idea what the hell you were speaking about.

"Maybe you shouldn't have snuck around and we wouldn't be having this conv-

Suddenly, a pitch black shadow fled from under the fridge, making a painful screeching sound as it fled past James.

You used this opportunity to kick his gun out of his hand, sliding across the floor and make sure he's on the ground.

I don't care about the VahKrees right now.
I'm with James and I'm not leaving him again. I can't.

It felt strange to fight with James. You've never done it, you never even thought you would! But you were.

You blocked his hits and kicked back, but you made sure not to do too much damage.

He's strong!

You used your claws to pin his arms down beside his head. Now you were on top of him, restraining him from any movement.

"I'm not gonna fight you and I don't wanna hurt you, Ja-

All you saw was a pitch black cloud cover your vision from James.
You felt his metal arm and his hand of flesh throw you across the room to face this damned VahKree.

"James no! Don't!"

Watching the soldier face these dangerous, wild demons, you tried to distract them.

"James!"

You screamed the next second.

It all happened too fast....
James was struck and he collapsed on the floor as blood poured out.