Part 9

Chapter 8

"Wait.... So Hookfang's name is Harriet?!" Dagur couldn't stop laughing.

"Hey! My mother wanted a daughter alright!" Hookfang growled.

"Brother I don't think you should laugh," Heather said and then pointed out "Your middle name is Shirley after all."

"SIS!" Dagur shrieked while looking aghast.

"So what happened next?" Camicazi asked as she leaned forward slightly in anticipation. "What does this have to do with The Dragons joining you guys?"

"It's getting late, shouldn't we.... You know head to bed? Tomorrow is going to be a big day after all." Hiccup mumbled.

"Oh no you don't!" Camicazi uttered. "You aren't leaving us here with this cliffhanger!"

"Alright alright!" Hiccup shrank back somewhat. "But it's a pretty long story."

"Maybe a moderate summary would do the trick," Heather suggested. "I mean if none of the important details are left out,"

"Okay, well..... When we got out of the hole with Windshear's help we realized that we were about 2 miles from Berk." Hiccup started to explain. "Dad was pretty pissed when we got back for a number of reasons. First, I kind of knocked out several key systems which I was already afraid of. Second we brought back members of The Dragons."

"But that wasn't the thing he was most livid about," Astrid chimed in. "Remember he nearly blew off his beard when you explained as to why said Dragons knew about you personally."

"Right, so dad really didn't appreciate us hiding Toothless. Much less that several of us were in on it including Mildew." Hiccup explained. "Ellie and Mildew actually took the brunt of his ire which I still feel bad about. And because he didn't trust The Dragons he threw them in the brig and it took me several days to convince him to hear what they had to say."

"Mighty stubborn he was aye," Gobber now spoke.

"Gobber you didn't trust them either!" Hiccup spoke up.

"Aye, I didn't trust them but I didn't say throw them in the brig!" Gobber retorted.

"What are you lot talking about?" A deep voice came from behind causing the whole group huddled around Hiccup to look over and see Stoick approaching.

"Oh Hiccup was just telling us on how The Dragons joined you guys." Camicazi answered.

"He is now is he?" Stoick raised a bushy red brow as he looked at his son before taking a seat on a nearby log. "Well go on. I'm curious as well."

"Don't you already know?" Toothless frowned.

"Just the bare bones of it," Stoick answered.

"Aye, Hiccup was mighty tightlipped about the whole thing." Gobber added. "Well considering what happened with the Red Death...."

"Gobber, you know?!" Stoick exclaimed.

"Wait, he didn't tell you?" Gobber uttered in surprise.

"Gobber... REALLY!!!" Hiccup groaned.

"Sorry lad. I thought you told the old man about the harem." Gobber said while looking nervous.

"GOBBER!" Hiccup exclaimed at the same time Astrid shouted "WHAT HAREM!"

"Uhm... Astrid... really. It's not what you think......" Hiccup gulped as he looked into the piercing eyes of his girlfriend.

"Hiccup...." Astrid said threateningly. "I may have been a computer system years ago but I do know what a harem is." Her voice had gotten a deadly edge in it as she clenched her hands. "Now what the frick is Gobber talking about and how did you get involved with a harem?"