Part 14

Chapter 13

There was an awkward silence after Astrid's statement. Gobber was the one to break it with the question "So, what do we do now?" No one actually knew and they looked towards Astrid since she had made the outburst and thus seemed the most knowledgeable of the group.

"You said the Prolium core was damaged. Is there any chance of leakage?" Astrid asked after a minute. The others could pretty much infer that Dark Matter leakage was a really big no-no and they unconsciously took a step back from the downed shuttle.

"No leakage as of yet," the Sergeant spoke up "Though I would not recommend turning it on. The containment unit's internal shielding is at only 34 percent."

"Gobber radio in that we'll need a containment team here immediately." Astrid said. "If that internal shielding fails we'll have a problem on our hands."

"Astrid maybe you could explain a bit," Hiccup said. "I'm really confused."

"You're not the only one laddie," Gobber muttered but did radio in back to New Berk.

It was here that Mala took a gamble and asked "May I call in the rest of my team? I think it would be better if we all got to know each other."

"There's more of you?!" Snotlout uttered.

"Of course there probably are you nimrod," Windshear grumbled. "You saw how many seats that shuttle could hold."

"Well why didn't you say something the first time?!" Snotlout shot back.

"Because they aren't being hostile you dolt!" Windshear shot back. "I've seen pure hostility and hatred and they don't give off that vibe so excuse me for giving the benefit of the doubt!" Snotlout was quiet at that outburst as most in the group knew the life Windshear had led under the Red Death. As a result she was one of the best at judging character.

"Call them but any funny business and....." Astrid left the threat open to interpretation and watched as Mala gave a few hand signals towards the bushes she had come from.

Astrid's hand flew to the handle of her axe and the others trained their guns and crossbows on the group when they caught sight of Telmia. "Don't shoot!" Mala quickly uttered. "She's a friendly!"

"What...... is she?" Fishlegs asked as he lowered his gun somewhat while curiosity overcame him. He didn't let his guard drop completely but as there were no hostile actions by this 'alien' he had to ask.

"She's Talarian," Mala explained as Telmia kept her hands up and made no movement. "Her race are the original inhabitants of Titan,"

"Oh my Thor, an actual alien," Snotlout muttered.

"This is....... Unbelievable," Gobber added and then addressed the alien in question. "Uhm... hello?"

"Greetings," Telmia replied. "Please be at ease, I mean no harm."

Mala observed the group of natives and watched them silently communicate with each other. It was only movements of the head and brows but it felt like they were having a full blown conversation. Such understanding could only happen if they had been together for a long long time.

"Guys lower your guns," Mala heard the one called Hiccup say. It seemed he had especially directed this order to the two men that acted more like soldiers than the rest of them. The red-head had looked the most reluctant as he shot the group of space travelers a suspicious look but he did stand down.

"You all seem to take my appearance much better than your spacefaring counterparts did," Telmia observed and then asked "Why is that?"

"Let's see....." Hiccup said as he began to tick off events that had happened over the years since they found Arcadia. "Living in a wasteland with little food and clean water, sand pirates, secret bases, mad scientists, cloning, nanotechnology, cerebral removal, a murderous AI, a yak rebellion, mind-controlling-harem-establishing woman, more secret bases, the occasional cannibal, space conspiracies...... I think that meeting an alien at this point is just normal."