Chapter Six - Preparation

Sting's P.O.V.

I stare as I watch Lucy scream in pain as Our Lady hurts her brutally. I regret hurting her, of course, but look at her. She's not doing anything but lay there and be beat up more.

"This is starting to get boring." I say.

Rouge looks at me. "You do realize that Lucy most likely will be very hurt after this."

I glare at him. "Just because I dated her and loved her doesn't mean that I still dig her."

Rouge sighs deeply. "You're own fault."

"What about you and Levy? You must be at least a little pissed that your old friend took her attention away from you." I smirk as Rouge glares at me in return.

Rouge crosses his arms. "He doesn't even remember my name."

"I have no memory of Rouge liking that little script Mage." Rufus says.

"I don't." Rouge mumbles.

I smirk. "Good."

Then there's a splitting scream as I see Minerva strike Lucy through the stomach. My mouth falls open then I start to laugh. Oh how dearly Minerva is with taking battles seriously.

"MINERVA WINS!" The announcer yells. Everyone routing for Sabertooth cheers loudly, but as I look at Fairy Tail... oh god I just can't help the urge to smirk and wiggle my fingers at their glares.
I look specifically at Natsu, but I'm surprised to see he's not even looking at Sabertooth. Then I look at most of them and they're all staring down at Lucy in shock.

"I WILL KILL YOU!" Somebody bellows. I see now... somehow Natsu has gotten in the ring where Lucy lays motionless. He turns his body towards Sabertooth . "YOU ALL WILL PAY!" Then he glares into my soul.

I scowl. "IN YOUR DREAMS DRAGNEEL! SABERTOOTH IS STRONGER THAN ALL YOU FAIRIES!!" I scream back at him.

His hand is a light, but Erza is there placing a hand on his shoulder. I hear her say, "You and Gajeel are facing him and Rouge. You can take your anger out then."

My heart lifts. "AHAHAHAHAHA! WE'RE GONNA WIN FAIRIES! PREPARE TO BE DOMINATED!" I scream.

Natsu's P. O. V.

My body heat has risen five times higher than usual. "Gajeel?" I realize that Gajeel isn't on our team. "What?" I turn to Erza. 

"Nobody told you?" Erza leans forward and whispers. "Phantom Lord was disqualified and we forfeited some points to recruit Gajeel and Juvia." Erza explained.

I blink. "Oh..." I smirk and look at Sting again, who's probably listening to us talk. "I suppose that you're right Erza."

I pick Lucy up bridal style. "Well off to the infirmary. Again..." Erza mutters as we walk out of the battle field.

*~*~*

My body aches from sitting by Lucy's bed all night. She still hasn't waken. "Luce... please-"

She moans, making me jump. "Natsu..."

My heart lifts. "Luce? Lucy?!" I stand up and uncover her face from her hair. "Oi, you awake?"

Her eyes open and then Luce smiles. "Natsu..." she sits up looking pained but I don't dare stop her.

"What happened?"

"Y-you don't remember?" I ask flabbergasted.

Lucy's face falls and her bangs cover her eyes. "I'm so weak. I couldn't even hit her." Tears fall down her cheeks. "I'm such a bad partner."