Mastermind Trial

As we heard this, all of us began to rush to the trial grounds. We all arrived at the same time, and the lights in the room began to flicker to rainbow colors. Monokuma slammed her mallet on her chair, with a deadly grin.

"Who will be chosen as the mastermind? Will you make the right choice, or the dreadfully WRONG one?"

"Actually-"

"I'm participating."

That same girl from last time appeared, next to my podium with a grin.

Monokuma gasped.

"K-Kyoko Kirigiri?!"

"You're Kyoko Kirigiri?" I asked, turning to the girl who was next to me by my podium. She nodded.

"I'm here to save you and find out the mastermind." She stated, looking at Monokuma.

"So let's begin!" She said, turning to me. "You're the protagonist. Whatever choice you make is the final option. Choose the mastermind, Electra."

So... that's what the protag sign meant. I'm the protagonist...?

"Well.. Mika and I did some investigating on everyone here.."

"Without our permission?!?!" Archer screamed at us.

"Well yeah.." Mika began. "We didn't want you to know cause.. then the mastermind would know that they were found out... and that's not what we wanted." Mika continued, slowly her voice quieted down as she spoke.

Archer coughed.

"I just went to my dorm..." Archer said. "I had a feeling someone was following me.. and I didn't want to die you know, we came way too far for any of us besides the mastermind to die. Someone saw me.. right?"

"I did.." Mika spoke. "I followed you.. we already checked on Kayla.. nothing super suspicious.. but..."

"But what?!" Winter screamed.

I growled in response.

"I saw you. You and Monokuma were... looking at each other as if a way of communicating. No one would approach that.. thing, without a reason."

"Thing?!" Monokuma squealed, anger through her voice as she gripped her mallet. I was sick of Monokuma.

"N-Not at all! M-Monokuma was in my way...!"

Kyoko spoke up with a cough.

"And, what exactly were you attempting to get to? Make that clear, if you don't answer, we know you're lying."

"I was going to the bathroom! There's.. a bathroom down that hall..."

"You have a bathroom in your dorm, heck, we all do!" Kayla said in response, her voice echoing above us all.

"All our dorms are just laid out differently, but things that they all have include, a bathroom, a dresser, a lamp, a closet, a tv, and a kitchen. So there's no reason you couldn't have gone to your dorm if you needed to." I spoke.

"The sink didn't have soap for me to use..."

"You know all sinks get filled at the same time with soap for the pumps, right? So if one bathroom didn't have any, the others wouldn't have any either." Mika said as she rested her elbows on her podium.

Winter was speechless.

"Exactly, you're the mastermind!" Kyoko said, growling through her teeth. "You will never make another killing game for all that the Future Foundation says!" She screamed at her.

Still, no response.

"W-Winter?" Kayla said with a worried tone, looking at the girl.

Winter had her head on her podium, shaking almost. She was slightly laughing to herself, as she stared at the floor.

"W-Wwwweeeelllllll.... well well......"

We all stared at the girl as she began to speak yet again.

"Seems there's no hope for me... only beautiful.. lovely... DESPAIR!"

She screamed, throwing her head back up. She was cackling like a madman. Her hair was swept to its sides, and she had two Monokuma hairpins in her hair. One was white with a happy face, the other black with an evil smile and grin. She had a Monokuma choker around her neck, and her outfit had blood all over it. Winter held a sharp knife in her hand, tossing it up in the air and catching it back again. Her eyes were a bright red, and she cackled.

"HOW DOES THIS FEEL?! THIS BEAUTIFUL DESPAIR FILLED EVENT? TO THINK I WAS INNOCENT, TO FIND OUT I WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED REVENGE ON THIS HUMAN RACE? KEAHAHAHAHA!"

"S-She's insane!" Mika said, holding her hands to her chest.

"H-How did she just.. transform?" Archer said as she turned to us.

"Wait! Kyoko, you should know that!" She then spoke, turning to the girl beside me.

She looked down.

"You're all in a game world."

"WHAT?!" We all proclaimed, but it seemed to make sense. The way Kyoko Kirigiri teleported in.. like a glitch. And how Winter has just changed.

"KEHAHAHAHAH!" Winter cackled, as she begins to walk up to the podium stage. A light flickered down upon her as she did so. She grinned, her high heels clacked hard against the surface.

"Introducing, THE ULTIMATE MASTERMIND, WINTER LACIENE COX!" She said, stomping her foot on the stage, and Monokuma looked up at her as she did.

"Though.." She said, coming to her podium near us, out of breath as she panted. "Hemh..." "You know it's me.. aha... so don't I deserve to get a punishment..?"

(Ok that's not what I meant it to be. Get your minds outta the gutter y'all. Though again, dangarompa's a mature game, so really anything goes, but this is a preview cause I haven't decided the ending-)