🎁CINDY'S PLAN🎁

All Carol needed to see was The Mayor's car before their house. In a while she felt she's already dead, because it wasn't usual have The Mayor at home, just all of sudden, if she didn't counted her lovely hyena Martha, his crush. Carol, nervously and almost breathless, walked in and opened door of kitchen. "Carol! Here you are! We were so worried" Lou said and ran to hug her. Carol hugged her father tight, in fact, she badly needed some hug. "What happened?" she asked when she saw The Mayor staring over her.

"Nothing about you, beautiful" The Mayor said and standed up to see Carol closer "Woow! You really have grown up. So pretty!" Carol turned away from him and gave him cold, absolutely friendzone face "Same about you, only you're may eating more Christmas pudding than before." Lou hid his mouth by hand as he was little laughing. "You got really thorny rose at home, Lou" The Mayor commented and turned back to kitchen "But that's your thing. My thing is solve your sons before the whole Whoville found out." Carol looked confused and followed him to living room "My brothers? I know they're may little problematic, but not that much to be solved by The Mayor."

When she walked in living room she get very shocking view. Dru and Stu were both startled and shaking. "My freakin' God! What happened?" Carol called and knelt to the seat where they sat. "H-e w-as i-n to-wn" Dru stammered and have been much more frightened when he said that to her. "Who?" Carol asked, way more confused and tried get some information from Stu, but he felt same as brother. "The Grinch!" Cindy replied and as she did that, window opened from wind of this cold afternoon. "As I see like father, like daughter!" The Mayor said upsetly and closed the window himself.

"Grinchy?" Carol whispered and looked at Cindy, who was secretly smiling at her and then gave her one wink. "We're really sorry, Mayor. My family isn't thinking to destroy Christmas by this, they are just always on wrong places, at wrong time. Please this was last time" Lou said and tried protect his family as much as possible. "We will do everything to fix it" Bethy added, standing next to her husband. "Anything?" The Mayor repeated and his face ended again at Carol, who was giving tea to her two, still shaking, brothers. "Then I'm officially making Carol my partner on Whobilation celebration" he smiled, with spark of evilness. Carol almost dropped plate with biscuits.

"The hell EXCUSE ME?!" Carol shouted and wanted immediately reject it, but Lou was faster "Oh, that's honor, Mayor! Thanks for such a pleasure to come true." Carol couldn't believe what actually happened right now. It seemed like own father sold her to solve himself and others trouble. "I know. Also, tomorrow don't forget to arrive on voting this year Cheermaister, who's going to be me, of course!" he said and with rotten chuckle looked over Carol "And Bethy, make sure, that Carol going to be prettiest gem of the day, alright?" Bethy proudly nodded and then with Lou wawed at The Mayor leaving them.

When his car disappeared for sure they turned back to Carol and were pretty surprised of her disgust. "How could you..?!" she muttered and with barking Snowy behind her, ran to her room. "Carol, darling!" Bethy called her, but Carol loudly slammed the door and ignored everything around. "That wasn't fair at all. Can't you see she didn't want to?" Cindy frowned and even she turned her back over parents. "Cindy..?" Lou said, but she did the same and came back to her own room. "We may really did wrong" Bethy commented, quilty, but Lou shook his head for no.

"You know we're already in big trouble, but now we got a chance to fix it. Can you only imagine how our life would be, if Carol became the Mrs. Mayor?" Lou asked and Bethy sadly nodded "Hope you are right..if this is the best for her, I hope she will appreciate it". Stu and Dru were still sitting and it seemed they totally didn't cared about what's going on here. They still had the view of that green freak before them. But somehow felt that Carol get hurt from these all around her. Pretty much.

Carol sat on her bed and looked out of the window at the mountain Crumpet. "I know you can't help me or even hear me. I-i just ruined everything again. Goddamn it! How I wish you to be here. So I could tell you how sorry I am...but that will never happen. No..because I'm out of chances" she said and wiped a little tear from her eye. She never felt this nervous and bad before. She actually never cried, only when she was kid and that wasn't nothing good. Because of The Mayor and half of this stupid town, she used to cry way much. And now? She should become victim of some of his another joke for being his partner? She knew he loves Martha and not her, she knew he wants ridicule her more than she is already.

"Carol..?" Cindy whispered and Carol, shocked, turned at door. Cindy was standing in them and sadly smiled "Are you alright?" Carol smiled at her and opened her arms "Come here." Cindy came to her and Carol with sobbing, hugged her. Cindy never saw Carol in this absolutely melted mood, she looked so desperate and weak. "I can't go on that party..they want to hurt me..I know it" she sobbed and Cindy gently stroked her in hair. "It's gonna be alright, I promise. We'll come up with something" Cindy comforted her and for first time felt as real sister and support. Carol turned and softly smiled "Without you..I would be losted, baby."

Then Snowy barked and jumped on her. "And without you too, of course!" she laughed and wiped her last tears. "And?" Cindy asked with her usual secret smile. Carol confusingly looked at her "And what?" Cindy smiled and pointed at mountain "What about him?" Carol seemed to be a little blushing, but then immediately shooked head for no. "Nope, Cindy. You're wrong about that, I don't like him-" Carol tried make some quick explanation, but it seemed it's too late. "I didn't even asked, if you like him" Cindy giggled and Carol with screwed up face seemed to be a little upset. "Well, but he don't like me!" she added quickly, but Cindy absolutely ignored Carol's replies.

"Then he wouldn't planned a date with you behind the school and not asking Stu and Dru where are you." Carol was in first angry, but as she was listening to these facts, she somehow get interested. "He was worried about me?" she mumbled from surprise and Cindy nodded. In a moment, Carol's sadness and depression were gone and she started to feel same as she did when she was with him. So, she could again, feel the unknown warmth in her heart, she never really hoped to earn. "Carol, he feels the same to you, I'm sure! And we can found out together, if we invite him to be this year Cheermaister" Cindy suggested excitingly, but Carol knew it's not good idea at all.

"Baby..you know I can't put him in this. He would not like being or even celebrating this terrible time with all these Whos! It's insanity!" Carol said, while she was thinking how would this end, if the Whos got as their Cheermaister, The Grinch. "Well, maybe he actually likes Christmas, but he's shy. As you" Cindy said, she really didn't planned to give up. "Cindy, just no! We can may talk to him privately, but trust me, he hates Christmas, he would never accept this" Carol said as last word and Cindy seemed she's losted for words on her own. But absolutely not losted for ideas.

If he hated Christmas this much, there must have been reason and she needed to found out. "Alright, I think I'll go prepare my letter for Santa" Cindy said after all and left Carol's room. In that while Carol didn't thought what actually her little sister said to her and as she did so, Carol took some of her new strings and putted them on guitarre. "It's almost done" she smiled and slowly putted all strings on it. Her guitarre going to be soon done! Meanwhile she was working on her own made instrumental, Cindy started to make her plan come true. She took dad's tape recorder and today newpapers.

In first place, she have to find out some information about The Grinch's past. She wasn't sure where to go, but as she heard form others, there were two women who knew him since he was little baby. His two mothers. And then his schoolmates. She didn't knew all of them, but at least was sure abou two. The Mayor and Martha May Whovier. She didn't planned make The Mayor upset, but tried get even from him something. And Martha? Sister's biggest enemy was bad idea, but Cindy was fearless about whole plan and was ready for everything. So she just knocked on first door, with many questions on her mind.

Here we are with new chapter! It's going somehow faster, I guess I'll maybe share two chapters in day, but still it's just an idea. If you hope for proper description of The Grinch's past, I worry I'll disappoint you, because it's going to be short, because everything needed to know about about him is in the movie. I honestly feel this was kind of good chapter and I hope you enjoyed it at least a bit. Thanks a lot for reading and I apologize for all my mistakes, leave me there some comments