Shot 16

Next day Ragini and Laksh gets excited for their first day of work. Ragini feeds him sweetened curd and laksh feeds her back. Swara watches it fuming and calls the blackmailer.

Swa : what's the plan?

Bm : Today Ragini will return late.. You can start your work.

Swa : OK

They both leave to bus stop. Laksh waits till Ragini boards her bus and sends her off asking her to call him once she reaches there. Laksh too boards his bus and leaves.

At Ragini side :

Ragini reaches the music academy. The place is far from city and is surrounded by lots of trees. She enters it and starts with her classes. She gets to know that since the campus is far from city there's no proper mobile network available to call. She could only send messages to laksh which will get delivered whenever the mobile catches signals. She texts laksh about her reaching safe and it got delivered 10 minutes late. On the other hand Laksh too gets a warm welcome by Ishaan and Ishaan asks his manager to assist Laksh with his work. Their first day went better than they expected and both are happy with their works. Laksh thanks Ishaan once again before leaving who's satisfied with Laksh's energetic performance for the day. Laksh texts Ragini that he's leaving and boards the bus.

On the other hand Ragini is about to leave the campus when a peon comes running to her. He says that the academy head is calling her. Ragini gets worried as if she misses the bus, then the next bus is only after an hour and she will reach home late. Before she could say anything the peon runs away. Sighing she starts walking towards the office only to find the owner there. The name board read as Sahil Kapoor.

Rag : Good eve Sir, Did you call me?

Sahil : Oh yes please get in Ms. Ragini.

Sahil said with a sly smirk.

Rag : I'm sorry sir but I'm not Ms but Mrs. Ragini Laksh.

A hand clenches hearing it.

Sahil (stammering ) : Oh OK.. I'm sorry. I forgot. So Miss. Rag.. I'm sorry.. Mrs. Ragini I just called you to ask if you are fine with everything in the campus as its your first day here.

Ragini finds it weird that the owner called her only to ask this but just let it go as she don't want to extend the conversation.

Rag : Yes sir.. I'm fine. There's no issues with anything. Thanks for your concern.

Sahil :Good to hear. Its our habit to make sure our staffs are comfortable with their working environment. So Where's your house.

Ragini says the place.

Sahil : oh its really far. The bus would've left by now too. Would you like for me to drop you there?

Ragini politely denies saying that she'll manage and takes her leave. He texts someone.

Swara is waiting for Laksh arrival and finds him entering Badi at 7. She gets the message to start her work as Ragini will be late. She smirks and comes near Laksh but he just passes by her without sparing a glance. Swara fumes but decides to concentrate on her plan.

Laksh calls Ragini not finding her at home. Thankfully she gets signal at bus stop who informs him about her missing the bus. Laksh asks her not to worry and call once she reaches there while he'll come there to pick her. He cuts the call and decides to surprise Ragini by preparing dinner for her. He leaves to kitchen. Swara watches it all. She finds almost everyone in their homes and thinks that it's right time to start the plan.

Swara crosses the kitchen and acts fainting and falls down on the floor. She hits the nearby vase for attention and Laksh turns back hearing it. He gets shocked seeing her unconscious and rushes to her. He lifts her head and pats her cheek.

Lak : swara.. Swara what happened? Swara..

He goes into the kitchen and gets water and sprinkles on her face but she doesn't wake up. He decides to to call Daadi or anyone from Swara family but finds none at home. He tried calling neighbours but recalls how they are disgusted whenever he even crosses them. That's when he gets reminded of what swara did with him. He wants to leave without caring about her but his humanity doesn't let him do that. He picks her up and takes her to her room.
He makes her lie on the bed and comes out of her room immediately while Ragini enters at the same time.

She gets surprised seeing him coming out of swara's room. Before she could ask something he drags her hand and takes her in and points at unconscious swara.
Swara gets irked as she didn't expect Ragini so soon. Her plan collapses and she can't even get up now as Ragini has already seen her unconscious.

Rag : what happened lucky?

Lak : don't know laadoo. I was cooking dinner in kitchen when she suddenly fainted nearby door. I tried calling family members but no one is at home.

Ragini gets doubtful and looks frowning at swara. She finds safety pin on table and gets an idea. She takes it and hides it in her palms.

Rag : oh god swara. What happened to you?

She pretends checking her body and tries waking her up but swara continues acting. While checking her body Ragini pricks her with the pin and swara sits up shocking. Laksh gets shocked seeing it.

Swa : you idiot ragini. Why did you prick me?

Rag : oh. I'm so Sorry.. Btw weren't you unconscious. But it seems you are fully awake.

Ragini asked smirked while swara realizes her blunder.

Swa : woh.. Mein. Mein. Woh..

Rag : Forgot all the words except woh and mein? Ok no issues. Take your time and find the words. I'm tired. I'll go and get freshened up and come.

Saying so she drags a confused Laksh with her too. She locks the door and turns to him.

Rag : What's this lucky? How many times you will get fooled by this swara? What if once again she tries defaming you? Wait. It's not what if. She's really trying to defame you once again and you are again falling in her trap. When will you stop being too innocent?

Ragini asked frustrated. She vents all her frustration on him. After few minutes she looks up to find him looking guilty with a bent down head. He looked like an innocent child getting scolding from his mother. She felt bad seeing him but the same time is still angry at his immature behaviour.

After some time,She calms herself a bit and makes him sit down besides her on bed. She ruffles his hair and keeps her head on his shoulder.

Rag : lucky. Please be careful. You can't always expect me to protect you. You should be aware the world is no less than a jungle. There are many foxes and wolves here too. It's you who needs learn yourself to live with them without becoming their pray. Do you understand what i say?

Laksh nods his head like child. Ragini decides to lift his mood by changing the subject.

Rag : ok. I'm so hungry. Did you prepare something or not?

Laksh face brightens hearing it.

Lak : yeah it's all ready. You know first time i cooked. And also it came out very delicious. I cooked watching YouTube channel. Do you want to taste it?

Ragini nods excited.

Lak : ok you go and fresh up while i get food for both of us.

Saying so laksh leaves to kitchen.

Rag (in mind) : you don't worry lucky. Nothing will happen to you until I'm there with you. You didn't do right swara. I forgave you many times but not anymore

Ragini thought fuming.

Swara on the other side says the blackmailer about whatever happened.

Swa : I'm sorry i tried my best.

Bm : No this time it's not your fault. Ragini is more intelligent than i thought. We can't fool her easily. I can only keep her busy while we need to trap Laksh in something Big.

He cuts the call and looks fuming at RagLak picture.

After nearly decades I've posted it but this time i promise to not quit before completing it as I've off from work till lockdown

Please Vote and Comment ❤️

Target: 75+