Chapter 2

Everything was fine,  Zym had been reunited with his mom, Ezran had become an amazing ruler, and Rayla wasn't dead. All in all, Callum was very happy how everything had worked out. Humans and elves were at peace and he was looking forward to learning more magic. The future was full of opportunities and hope. Callum smiled to himself as he continued sketching out all of his adventures. When he was interrupted by Ezran and Rayla running in. 

"Callum," Rayla said in her adorable elvish accent, "We may have a serious problem."

"Oh really?" Callum shot them both a disbelieving glance.

"Yeah really!" Ezran said as he motioned for Callum to come with them, "Just come look."

Ezran ran ahead of Rayla and Callum as they climbed towards the top of the Storm Spire.

"What do you think is going on?" Callum asked Rayla as he reached out and grabbed ahold of her hand.

"I think it looks like dark magic," Rayla answered, squeezing Callum's hand, "but Viren's gone so..."

"Claudia could be behind it?" Callum offered as the two climbed the last few steps. At the top stood Ezran, Soren, and Zym.

"Yeah, she could be," Rayla pointed towards dark clouds gathering in the distance before adding, "but is she powerful enough to make something like that?"

"Maybe she has the help of dad's bug friend," Soren said as he stared at the gathering clouds.

"Or maybe it's just a storm?" Ezran added hopefully.

"No," Callum said as he examined the ominous clouds, "I'm getting dark magic vibes. But I-" Callum was cut off by the clouds suddenly spreading throughout the entire sky. The wind began to blow and a deep fog fell upon them. Callum noticed then that Rayla's hand wasn't in his anymore. Panic engulfed him as he called out to Rayla. When she didn't respond. He called out to Ezran, Zym, and Soren but no one answered his calls. The fog began to glow so bright that Callum had to close his eyes. What was going on? Callum squinted his eyes and drew the rune for the spell aspiro hoping to blow the fog away. But before he could say the trigger words the world suddenly blacked out.