Chapter 3

Callum slowly opened his eyes. He was in his room in the castle and he just had the weirdest dream. Callum closed his eyes and tried to hold onto the dream but it was slipping away. The dream had been about elves and a dragon prince. In it, he had gone on a dangerous but important quest. There had been an especially pretty elf with stunning purple eyes in the dream but he couldn't remember her name. Yawning Callum sat up and decided to get ready for the day. He would have to work on his sword-fighting skills with Soren today and he wasn't looking forward to it. 

***********************************************************************************************

Claudia collapsed to the ground, exhausted. The spell had taken a lot out of her but it seemed to have worked. She was in her father's office and it was exactly how she remembered it being. Just then the door swung open and her dad walked into the room. Claudia sprung up from the floor and threw her arms around her father. She held him and cried. It had worked. Her father was here, alive and well.

"Claudia, what's wrong?" Viren asked as he awkwardly patted Claudia in the back.

"Oh nothing," Claudia said as she pulled away and wiped the tears off her face, "I'm just really, really, really glad to see you!"

"Oh well. It's good to see you too." Viren said as he walked over to his desk, "But I have a lot to do so if you wouldn't mind." He gestured towards the door.

"Oh, of course!" Claudia started toward the door, "I'll just leave you to your work." As Claudia closed the door she couldn't help but smile. The spell had worked. Her dad was back. Her family was back. Her life was back. Claudia strolled through the castle admiring her handiwork. She had done well, this fake reality seamed real. She was sure that no one would see through it. As she turned a corner she spotted Callum and Soren heading to a sword-fighting lesson.

"Hey, guys!" Claudia called out to them when they wherein earshot.

"Oh yeah, Clauds!" Soren said, "We're just on our way to practice fighting with swords." Soren patted the handle of his sword to emphasize his point.

"Yeah but we will be using wooden swords," Callum said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "since you know we don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Yeah we wouldn't want that," Claudia said as she continued down the hall. With a wave, she added "Goodluck you guys!" She let out a sigh. It seemed that everything was back to how it had been. They didn't remember anything from before her spell. But she had to check one more thing before she could be certain. She entered the library and pushed a stone on the wall and the floor slide away to reveal a staircase. During the design of this new reality, she had added a thing or two. When she reached the bottom of the staircase she continued down a long hallway with a single door at the end. When Claudia reached the door she unlocked it and swung it open. Inside, just as expected, was an elf and a dragon.