Chapter 4

Rayla woke up to find herself chained to a wall in what appeared to be a dungeon cell. Zym was next to her and was also chained. However, the dragon prince was still out cold. What had happened? One second she had been holding Callum's hand and the next she was chained up in a dark cell. She remembered the dark magic storm and the weird fog. Could this be the result of that? Before she could figure out where she was the door to her cell swung open and there stood Claudia. Claudia? What was she doing here? Rayla shot Claudia a cold glare as she entered.

"What did you do?" Rayla asked unable to keep the worry out of her voice.

"Oh, I simply fixed things," Claudia said as she stared at Rayla, "Everything is how it should be."

"What do you mean?" Rayla asked as she started to struggle against her restraints, "Where are Callum and Ezran? I swear if you hurt a hair on their heads I wi-"

"You're not really in a position to be making threats," Claudia said sternly, interrupting her.

"Where am I?" Rayla asked deciding to use this opportunity to figure out what had happened.

"You're in a dungeon cell obviously," Claudia stated as she gestured around the room.

"What have you done," Rayla snapped, she had lost her patience. She didn't know where she was or where Callum and Ezran were. Feeling so useless made her angry. If she couldn't keep those she loved safe then what had this all been about?

"I already told you," Claudia said leaning forward, "I've fixed all the damage you've done. In this reality, everything is as it should be."

"Wait, What?" Now Rayla was confused. A new reality? What did that mean? "I didn't do anything."

"You didn't do anything!" Claudia yelled at Rayla, looking at her with hatred, " You ruined everything! You took Ezran and Callum away, stole the dragon prince, and you killed my father!" Rayla winced at the mention of Lord Viren. Sure he had been the scum of the earth but she hadn't taken any pleasure in killing him. She had done it to save everyone and she had expected to die along with the dark mage but Callum had saved her.

"Are Callum and Ezran safe?" Rayla asked tentatively, she didn't want to set Claudia off again,

"Yes," Claudia replied curtly, " but the same cannot be said about you. I will make you pay. You and the little dragon prince." Claudia gave Rayla one last glare then left the cell. Claudia slammed the door and then locked it. Rayla slumped up against the wall. She was in serious trouble. She didn't know what to do but she couldn't give up. Rayla looked over to where Zym was still out cold and a new sense of resolve filled her. She would find a way out. Then she would find Callum and Ezran and with their help, she would fix this. She leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes. She would either succeed or die trying. 

###Author's Note###

Hey there readers! Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it. I enjoyed writing this chapter and I'm so excited about where this story is going! Thanks again for taking the time to read and have a wonderful day or night or whatever time it is when you finish reading this!   -HappyLlama160 :)