Chapter 26

"Wait, how do you know her name?" The younger version of Rayla asked, and then a look of understanding crossed her face, "Oh you're that Callum."

"Yes, I'm that Callum," Callum said as he hesitantly stood up. He smiled as he noticed that he finally stood taller then Rayla. Though it wasn't much of an accomplishment considering that she was about half his age right now.

"What are you smiling about?" She said raising one of her stick swords and pointing it at him, "I'm not afraid to use these." Callum couldn't believe how insanely cute this younger version of Rayla was.

"You're just so adorable!" Callum cried unable to help himself.

"You know that I'm not actually Rayla, right? I'm just the physical form of her magic. I'm literal moon magic that has been gifted to Rayla. I know, like, everything."

"Then how come you're so young?"

"Well, this is the age that Rayla mastered her magic," Rayla's magic said, "I chose this form because I'm sentimental. Rayla used to spend hours here all by herself training and practicing her magic. Now she's all grown up and kissing boys." She gave Callum a meaningful look.

"Uh-huh... about that... um," Callum cleared his throat and quickly changed the subject, "Did she spend a lot of time alone?" He had always assumed Rayla had tons of friends because she was so amazing.

"Yes, most of her childhood in fact," Rayla's magic sighed, "She was so talented that the other children were intimidated by her. She made up for it though by spending time with her family, but then her parents left. That was hard on her."

"I have so many questions for you," Callum said, "But first what should I call you?"

"I don't know. I've never been given a name, I'm just the embodiment of Rayla's Magic. Usually, I'm not even in a physical form but I am right now so your mind can comprehend things."

Callum put his hand on his chin deep in thought, "Oh, oh I got it! I'll call you Raygic!"

"Um... okay, but can I ask why?"

"You know it's Rayla's magic combined into one word, Raygic."

"I guess that works."

"Okay then, Raygic, you mentioned before that someone else was here. Who is it?"

"He is a power-hungry elf known as Aaravos, and he can't be trusted," Raygic held up her hands and Callum saw that they were flicking in and out, "I think he's trying to take Rayla's magic. I tried to stop him but he was too powerful for me."

"Don't worry," Callum said bending down and placing a hand on her shoulder, "I'm here to help you stop him."

"You are?"

"Yep, I won't let anything happen to you."

Suddenly Raygic wrapped Callum in a tight hug, "Thank you, Callum. It's no wonder she fell in love with you."

Callum smiled and hugged her back. This miniature Rayla might just be magic but he liked her. She released him and her ears perked up.

"I think he's coming," She whispered, "Follow me."

Callum followed her into a hollow tree that had been transformed into a secret hideout. Once inside Raygic stood on her tiptoes and looked out through a small hole.

"He's here," She said and moved aside so Callum could take a look.

Callum peered through the hole and saw an elf standing in the meadow. He was tall and had the appearance of a Startouch elf.

"Come out, little girl," The elf spoke with a deep mystical voice.

"Here's the plan," Callum whispered, "You stay here and I'll sneak up behind him."

"Or I could cast some illusions to distract him," Raygic offered, shrugging like it was no big deal.

"Wait you can do that?"

"Yeah, I'm pure moon magic, remember? Rayla might not be able to use the full extent of my powers but I sure can."

"Okay so you distract him and I can use my magic to blow him out of here."

"Sounds good."

Callum watched as Raygic turned invisible, and he assumed that she left the hideout.

"I know you're here," He said, "I've come for the rest, now hand it over."

"No, I don't think so," Raygic's disembodied voice said as four illusions of herself appeared and charged Aaravos. This was Callum's chance. He sneaked around until he stood directly behind Aaravos.

"Your illusions don't work on me," Aaravos said as he blew away three of the fake Raygic's leaving only the real one standing. He glanced up at the sky, "It's a full moon, let's fix that."

"No don't!" Raygic cried. Aaravos smiled as he performed a spell. Callum gasped as the full moon in the sky turned into a new moon. Callum watched as Raygic tried to create more illusions but she couldn't.

"Now you can't even use your powers," Aaravos laughed, "You Moonshadow elves were always so weak with your powers being so dependent on the moon."

"How did you do that here?" Raygic asked confused, "You shouldn't be able to mess with my magic like this. At least not my source."

"Oh, I'm used to doing the impossible," Aaravos crept towards her. Callum took his opportunity and blasted Aaravos in the back with voluminous. Aaravos dispersed and reformed in front of Callum.

"You're not really here," Callum said as he pieced the puzzle together, "You're a form of an illusion too!"

"You're still trapped in that mirror aren't you," Raygic started laughing, "Oh that's priceless."

Aaravos shot her a fierce glare, "You can't talk seeing that you're just a representation of a pathetic elves magic."

"You're wrong. Rayla has a strong will, and she won't give up easily. You know you won't win this," Rayla's magic said, "Callum you're right he is an illusion and you already know how to break illusions."

"Wait, Callum, is it?" Aaravos said, "I've never encountered a human with as much potential as you. If you let me I can help you master not one but all the primal sources."

"Are you seriously trying to tempt me?" Callum asked disgusted, "You are trying to kill Rayla."

"It's not my fault Claudia stabbed her," Aaravos said, "Just listen to me Callum, I can give you all you ever wanted."

"Don't fall for it Callum," Raygic yelled, "There's a reason the Dragon King put him in that mirror. He only wants to use you."

"I'll never help you!" Callum yelled, and he started his chant, "Confractus illusio."

"You'll regret this Callum," Aaravos said unnervingly calm, "I'm coming, and when I do you won't be able to stop me. I'll kill them all, and I'll save Rayla for last."

"Get out!" Callum screamed and he cast the spell. Aaravos didn't even wince as the spell hit him and his illusion was cast out.

"You did it!" Raygic cried as she ran over to him, "I can't believe it, you a human, did it!"

"Thanks?" Callum said unsure if he should take that as a compliment or an insult.

"You should probably leave now," The embodiment of Raygic magic said, "After all you'll want to be there when Rayla wakes up."

Callum nodded, "Yeah I've been dying to thank her for saving my life."

Raygic gave Callum one last smile and then the world went white.

###Author's Note###

Happy New Year! I hope 2020 is an amazing year for all of you. Thanks for all the support you've given me and my story over these past weeks. Also thanks for reading and let me know what you think! - HappyLlama160