Chapter 5

Claudia walked back up the stairs and closed the trap door. Everything had gone to plan. She let out a sigh of relief. She was proud of herself and extremely pleased with how well the spell had worked. She was going to enjoy this new world, and not take for granted all of her blessings. With that in mind, she headed out to the courtyard to watch Callum and Soren's training session.

******************************************************************************

Callum woke up with a start the next morning, he was incredibly sore from the previous day's training session. He had had another weird dream last night. The beautiful elf had been there again. In the dream, she had plummeted off a cliff and he had jumped after her. He remembered feeling frantic and desperate to save her. Almost as if his life would end if hers did. He had woken up before he could save her, covered in a cold sweat. He couldn't shake the feelings of panic and fear from the dream. Callum got out of bed and went to his desk and started drawing. He didn't know what he was drawing until he finished. Callum had drawn the mysterious elf. He still couldn't remember her name, but she was beautiful. Callum shook his head, he shouldn't be thinking that. She was an elf, and elves where evil creatures who drank blood. But as Callum stared at his drawing he couldn't imagine this girl being a heartless monster.

As Callum studied his drawing Ezran and Bait came into his room. "What's that?" Ezran asked as he tried to get a good look at Callum's drawing.

"Oh, i-it's nothing!" Callum said nervously as he tried to hide his drawing. Ezran gave Callum a hurt look, so Callum reluctantly handed over his drawing.

"It's an elf," Ezran said after examing the picture.

"Yep," Callum said trying to cover his nervousness, "just a random elf, with no significance at all." He finished with an awkward chuckle.

"Okay," Ezran said while handing back the drawing, "I came to tell you that dad wants to see you."

"Oh, thanks. I'll be right there," Callum said while shoving the drawing in his pocket, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get some jelly tarts!" Ezran said with glee, both he and Bait had huge smiles on their faces as they raced off. Callum smiled after them. Callum didn't know why showing Ezran his drawing had made him nervous. With a sigh, Callum stood up and headed towards the throne room.