Arthur

Y/N

Y/N

'Has anyone seen Arthur?' you ask everyone in the room.

Maki looks up from her stack of paperwork and smiles, 'I think he went into town to run an errand y/n.'

You click your tongue, 'someone let that boy go out unaccompanied.'

Hinawa and Tamaki grunt in response, ending the conversation. It felt like they were hiding something from you, and you weren't the biggest fan of surprises. Your paperwork was already finished, and you'd even gone over and rewritten part of Arthur's so Lieutenant Hinawa couldn't get mad at the blonde because for once his paperwork was flawless.

You get up and leave the room, heading to Captain Obi's office. You knock on the door and wait for a response.

'Come in,' he calls out.

You enter his office and roll your eyes, seeing him working out. You swear that's all he does in here if it weren't for Hinawa this whole Company would be a mess.

'Err I finished all of mine and Arthur's paperwork. Are there any other jobs that need doing sir?' you ask.

Captain Obi puts the weights down, 'you could sort through the equipment. It was going to be Arthur's job, but you'll probably do a better job.'

You nod, 'will do sir. Do you know if something's being kept from me?'

Captain Obi shakes his head, 'even if there was something I couldn't tell you y/n. Ah to be young and in love.'

Knowing you weren't going to get any more answers, you leave the office. Maybe the assigned work could distract you for some time until Arthur came back.

TIME SKIP

You wipe the sweat off your brow, happy at last that all the equipment was sorted. Company 8 needed to step up their maintenance game if they ever wanted to be taken seriously by the other Company's.

'Close your eyes princess,' Arthur's sing-song voice comes from behind you, making you jump. You comply and close your eyes.

'You know I don't like surprises, Arthur.'

He laughs, 'you'll like this one. Open your eyes.'

When you open your eyes, you gasp. Arthur stood in front of you holding a bouquet of your favourite flowers, 'oh my god Arthur, no one's ever brought me flowers before.'

He pouts, 'do you not like them?'

You quickly shake your head and take them from him, '...I love them. Thank you. What's the occasion?'

Arthur scratches the back of his head, 'err because you've helped me out a lot around here, and a knight should always shower his princess with gifts.'

You place the flowers down and fling your arms around your boyfriend, 'this princess is pleased with her knight.'

Arthur smiles and nuzzles his face in your hair, hugging you back. This was one surprise you could get used to.