Arthur

ARTHUR

y/n had been acting rather strange around me recently, stranger than they usually did and no one would tell me what was going on inside their head. Shinra called me dense, which resulted in a fight Maki and Tamaki had to break up, though it did seem the two girls were also on y/n's side. y/n and I had been close since our training days, and I was excited when they joined company 8.

Today I was walking down the corridor when I overheard y/n and sister Iris talking about love, which piqued my interest because it wasn't a subject y/n ever talked about. As a knight I had to save damsels in distress, I didn't have time for love as long as I had a job to do.

y/n walks into the break room where I was stood with Vulcan and Shinra talking about equipment and clears their throat, 'err Arthur I have something to tell you.'

I tilt my head to the side, 'are you about to profess your undying love for me?'

y/n goes wide-eyed, 'err yes to saying I love you, but not so far as to call it undying love.'

'...what? Would you do that?' I reply, confused.

y/n opens their mouth to reply but shuts it, clenches their fists, and storms out of the room instead.

'Moron,' Vulcan speaks up and slaps the back of my head.

'What was that for?' I ask, rubbing my head.

Shinra throws his arms in the air, 'it's clear you and y/n are more than friends, and y/n finally decided to take the next step and you threw it in their face.'

I glance over at the empty doorway and sigh, 'I'm confused.'

'Go after her idiot and tell her how you feel,' Vulcan growls, shooting me a look that could kill.

I gulp and run out of the room. Did I like y/n more than just friends? The short answer was yes, but until today y/n had not made their feelings known so I just assumed we'd continue going on as we had. I fell for y/n the second I met them, they fell over and like the knight I was I caught them, and since that day we'd been by one another's side. I knew exactly where to find y/n.

Walking onto the roof I spot y/n sat on a chair overlooking the city, eyes closed, and deep in thought. I clear my throat and they look up at me with teary e/c eyes, which they quickly wipe.

'Do you want to embarrass me, even more, Arthur?' they snap.

I shake my head, 'you could say Vulcan smacked some sense into me quite literally y/n. I didn't know you felt that way.'

y/n stands up, 'I knew you would never take the next step, so after a pep talk from the girls, I decided to take a chance. I know you're a knight and too busy saving people for love, but could you make an exception for me?'

It was taking everything inside me not to correct y/n that it should be a knight who asks someone out, but I'd never seen such a sad and determined look on their face so decided to let it go. Whenever I looked at y/n I felt funny, and when they spoke to other guys I felt mad, maybe this was love.

'This knight can make an exception for you y/n,' I reply.

y/n snorts and throws their arms around me, 'not exactly romantic Arthur but I'll take what I can get.'

I didn't quite understand why they were calling me unromantic but I'd let it go for now because I liked their hugs, 'I love you to y/n.'