Lisa

LISA

LISA

Today was the day y/n was going to give me some much-needed answers. They'd been trying hard to ignore me, and I didn't know why. y/n and I used to be as thick as thieves, but I chose to do some questionable things to make sure we both survived in this cruel world. Vulcan took both of us in, and y/n eventually flew the nest to open their coffee shop because mechanics weren't their strong point. Though y/n did come back twice a week for a nice home-cooked meal, otherwise they'd happily live off the cakes they baked and sold in the shop. y/n wasn't involved in my betrayal of Vulcan, and I was happy to hear the two of them still kept in touch.

The small bell above the door chimes as I enter the empty coffee shop, choosing to come not long from closing to make sure there were fewer people around.

'Be with you in a second,' y/n's sing-song voice calls from the back room.

I approach the counter and try to get my nerves in check. y/n was the only person who could give me butterflies and feel sick to the stomach. They might be a couple of years younger than me, but when times were tough, they had my back. We might be family by blood, but we were a family to one another.

'Hi, how can I help you? Err Lisa, what are you doing here?' y/n freezes, locking eyes with me as they emerge from the back room.

I clear my throat, 'I want an honest answer y/n. Why have you been ignoring me?'

y/n sighs and looks down at their feet, 'you've changed Lisa, and I don't like this new you.'

I can't help but scoff, 'you think I've changed? I haven't changed y/n.'

y/n looks up from their feet, tears in their eyes, 'you don't smile anymore, Lisa.'

I take a step back, stunned, '...I...don't?'

y/n shakes their head and walks out from behind the counter, 'I know you backstabbed Vulcan because they have power over you. You've always done questionable things to keep me safe as well. But through the darkness, your smile lit it up, and to not see you smile anymore makes me sad.'

I didn't know I had tears in my own eyes until my cheeks felt damp. y/n always complimented my smile, and now they didn't want to be around me not because of what I'd done, but because they didn't feel safe. Had I cut off my emotions without thinking? Maybe I was in a bit too deep.

'I'm sorry y/n,' I all but whisper under my breath, turning on my heel to get out of here before the floodgates opened.

'Don't go, Lisa,' y/n calls out, and next thing I know they've grabbed my arm to make me stop.

I turn around slowly and stiffen as y/n hugs me, 'a sorry is all I needed Lisa. I'm going to help you get your smile back.'

I let the tears fall as I hug y/n back, happy to know they'd be back in my life, and like always they had my back and would help me out no matter the cost to them.