Konro

Y/N

Y/N

Another day and Konro was keeping his distance. Every time you tried to get close he pushed you away, so now you'd resigned yourself to ignoring him because two could play this childish game. He'd been Captain of Fire Company 7 until he was injured saving Benimaru, and now he'd become Lieutenant allowing Benimaru to take over as Captain. Benimaru still relied heavily on Konro, and it hurt you that he seemed to be on good terms with everyone except you. He should be on good terms with you because only a month before the accident he'd asked you to marry him and you'd said yes.

Konro said he had to stay back at the station to do some paperwork, so you left and headed home alone like usual. You knew for a fact he was up to date with his paperwork so he'd lied to your face.

KONRO

'Why did you lie to y/n?' Benimaru asks, standing in the doorway of my office.

I wave him off, 'you'll never understand.'

Benimaru wasn't a very emotional guy but was good at reading people, so as he stared me down I started to get nervous.

He clears his throat, 'since the accident you'd been treating y/n badly, your fiancé. They don't care about your position, as long as you're safe. You're just too arrogant to admit it's been hard on you, and that you've pushed all your negativity onto the one good thing in your life. Should I go on?'

I raise my hand, 'no, you've said enough. I need to go home.'

I get up and Benimaru steps aside, 'explain everything to y/n before you lose them.'

I manage to get home in record time, to find y/n in the kitchen humming to themselves having just washed some dishes, 'we need to talk.'

They jump, nearly dropping the plate they'd been drying, 'you scared me. I thought you had paperwork to do.'

I sigh loudly, 'can you look at me y/n, I need to tell you something.'

y/n turns around, arms folded over their chest, face expressionless. How much damage had I done?

'I can feel you pulling away y/n. And a part of me wants to let you go, so you can move on with your life. But the other part is praying you'll never leave.'

y/n's face softens as they approach me, and hug me tightly around the waist, 'I'll never leave you. I just need you to talk to me.'

I hug them back, 'I've not been coping and feared you'd leave me as I'm no longer Captain and my injuries hinder me. I put all my negativity onto you and I'm sorry y/n.'

y/n snorts, 'I don't care about your position, we started dating before you even made Captain. You need to know that I'll be here to support you whatever you need, and we'll get through this together.'

I bend down and kiss the top of their head, 'Benimaru said the same thing. I want to make our relationship work. I love you y/n.'

y/n laughs softly, 'and I love you, big idiot. Now sit down and let me make you some food.'

y/n was an amazing human being, so strong and caring. I didn't deserve them, but here we were. A huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder, though I knew Benimaru wasn't going to let this go anytime soon.